2. The Prom

The hall was an elegant Georgian mansion. Red, purple, blue, green, black, white; a cascade of colours spiralled through my eyes, the long dresses, short dresses, waistcoats, shirts, everybody looked magnificent.

Picture time.

As Free and I walked up to the main entrance of the venue, we turned our heads around to bestow the incredible view in front of us, the river reflected the beaming rays of sunshine, and the willow trees fell at a specific angle which made the image of this riverside seem, almost, picture perfect. We were ecstatic.

“Oh girls you look gorgeous, let’s take a picture, big smiles” Said our head of year.

Free and I chuckled. The sound of the camera shuttered.

We made our way through the volumised hair-dos, the clattering heels, and the sharp suits. The walls were draped in red silk; the lights were blinking extravagant colours. There were several tables aligned in the hall, decorated with glitter and gold. On the left, far end there were bowls of salad, and chargrilled burgers.

However, it didn’t look appealing, so me and Free decided not to go near it because we would hibernate into little squirrels and faint. Wait. It is squirrels that hibernate?

Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating a little.

Free told me, “Oh the dance room is empty.”

“I know right.”

“Oh I think I spoke to soon.”

Out came a blonde girl, her name was Evie. She came out and grabbed a boy by his collar and started dancing.

“Isnt that a bit inappropriate for prom”, Free said.

“I think, that’s how the cool people dance.” I said unsurely.

“Do we have to dance like that?”

“I think so”

Little did we know that we were not going to be dancing anytime soon.

The dance floor started to increase in population, people were just rubbing up on each other, the pushing of a body to another.

“Oh my goodness”, I said

“This is vile”, Free replied

“Ewwwwwww”

“Oh my gosh, did you see that?”

“Theyre all like rubbing up on each other.”

“This is like.. dry sex.”

We were disgusted.

The music started to get louder, and we could feel the beat flow through us. More and more people got up to dance.

But, there we were…

Sitting there.

Lonely.

Not dancing.

It was kind of ..awkward.

A few minutes after just getting horrified by the scenes in front of us, ….. came to greet us. ….. looked very nice, she had a similar dress to most girls in here. The typical party dress. She was wearing more makeup than usual, and her heels made her seem taller.

“What are you guys doing here? Why are you not dancing?” She said, her voice sounding upbeat.

Me and Free looked at each other and started laughing. Free was going red and tears were streaming down my cheeks from laughing to hard. The fact that we were the only ones sitting down, was very funny.

All the girls were up there, having fun, having their dream night. Me and Free on the other hand we were sitting there, thinking this is the life. Do you want to know what “The Life” is for us?

It is eating and drinking like fat pigs.

Except, we weren’t even drinking alcohol, we were too saint-like.

Water and Sprite.

What loosers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a comment and a vote. It really means a lot. Who's? your favourite character so far? Can you relate to them? hehe. Please. Thank youu. Laila. Booyyaakashaaa.