Chapter 6

sorry I took so long to update this !! I added a bit of extra fluff to make up for it, so hopefully iI'm forgiven. ;)

Kageyama grabbed his coat and bag, prepared to exit the gym. As he turned around he was greeted by a certain oranette. Kageyama raised an eyebrow, looking down at the male. "Need something, Dumbass?"

  The tiny male nodded, looking up at his Setter with a look of determination on his face. "I want to practice. I want to be able to beat Nekoma for sure tomorrow."

  Kageyama glared at the boy, setting back down his bag and placing a hand on his hip. "Are you suggesting we won't win tomorrow?"

  Hinata puffed up his cheeks in defense. "I'm not saying that- I just want to be ready, y'know..?" He mumbled. As he considered it he noticed his attitude definitely sounded like he was doubting their victory. "I know we'll win, but I want to be sure of it. Is that so wrong?"

  The ravenette blinked, feeling a faint blush appear on his cheeks. He looked away, averting eye contact with his spiker. He looked back at the other standing before him and bit his lip, staring at him for a moment too long.

  "Do I have something on my face, Kageyama?" Hinata questioned, now suddenly self-aware.

  "Yeah, right here.." Using the opportunity presented before him, Kageyama extended a hand and wiped a finger gently across the male's lips. They were so warm, so soft.. He lowered his hand, forcing away an urge to continue making contact with the ball of energy in front of him.

  Hinata blushed a bit at the contact but brushed it away with a warm smile. "Thanks, Kageyama! So, are you ready to practice? I want to make sure we're ready for this match!"

  Kageyama sighed lightly, taking the volleyball from the hands of his admired. "Of course. I'm always up for practice."