Clickety Click Click

I woke up slowly, shivering slightly as light and sound flittered into my apartment. I wasn't surprised about the noise considering it was New York, but I was almost always awake by sunrise. I noticed I had a slight headache accompanied by a ringing in my ears, which had been bothering me for almost a week now. I pull myself up from my bed and stretch my back.

I rise from my bed surveying my room. The walls were pure white, matching the sheets on my bed. I reach for my phone of the night table. The table was a dark wood that I didn't care enough to know the name of. It was covered in succulent plants, books and small gold accents. Mt entire room carried a feeling of serenity, it distracted me from the noise of the city that never sleeps.

I carry myself into kitchen, where my dog is laying, unaware of my presence in the room. I set my phone on the counter and bend down on to my knees and pet his fur. He springs to life jumping into my lap. I laughed as he attacks me with kisses. "Nox, calm down!" I yell at him. His name never really made sense since he was corgi, and didn't have dark fur for latin meaning the night to make sense. He jumps down and spins in circles and slips on cement floor.

I look away from him and open my fridge just to close it again. The ringing in my ears pressed into my head, changing my focus. I press my fingers against my temples as I walk into the bathroom. I open the cabinet hidden behind the mirror and take an advil. I didn't think it would work but I just wanted that ringing to stop, or just not be as stupidly loud.

I was about to walk away, but I stare at myself in the little mirror in the little bathroom. My silvery blonde hair was stuck up into a messy ponytail. My blue eyes stared back at me as examined the dark circles that wrapped around the bottom half of my eyes. I looked tired but at least I didn't have to work today. I tug the hair tie out of the blonde mess of hair and then turn myself back towards the door.

I curse under my breathe thinking, Sedona, you have to do something today. I face the mirror and scrunch my small nose at the mirror. I put on makeup hardly aware of what I was doing. I look at myself again, I smile to my reflection. My face looked hollow but that was nothing new. I brush through my hair. I falls straight to the middle of my rib cage. There Sedona was it truly that hard to get one thing done, I nag to myself.

I walk of the bathroom and move back into my bedroom. I step into my closet examining everything that filled the small room. I stared at everything for a while before deciding on white jeans and a white shirt. The shirt falls loosely over my small frame, soft where it touches my skin. I could hear Nox pacing in the kitchen so I walk to him and scoop him up.

"Calm down noodle dog, i'll take you on a walk," I say to him. He freaks out in my arms until he pushes out of them. I shake my head smiling as I slip my feet into a part of black boots. I pull on a cardigan that almost looks like a carpet you would buy at IKEA or someplace like that. But I loved it that's probably why I thought I was a good idea to buy it for over 200 dollars.

Me and Nox walk down 4th street to Washington Square Park. He trots next to my leg his tongue lolling out of his mouth. We walk around the park. Nox has become completely oblivious to the squirrels but I'm not oblivious to the ringing in my ears. I wasn't as painfully loud as it was before. I don't know why I kept thinking about it. It worried me. I know everyone had it but I couldn't put it out of my mind.

My knees buckled. It felt as if someone shot a bullet through my head. I was going to fall. Don't fall Sedona, you can't fall here, don't fall, I think to myself. My breathing staggers, uneven and sharp. Whats going on? Why can't I think?Why I am I not falling? It's like i'm in a daze, everything happening but no time passing. I could feel people's eyes watching me. Or maybe they weren't and I was just imagining it. This was New York after all. The ringing was pounding in my ears.