Chapter 1

''new beginnings."

--

- Kiera's Pov -

"I cannot wait to move to LA. Lowkey the best 18th birthday gift." I say to my best friend, Victoria.

"Honestly! & We're going to be living together with Leyloni." Victoria says, finishing up packing.

I grabbed a few jeans and shorts to complete my bag. "I'm going to miss this place..." I look around my room.

It was baby blue. One window sat with lights around it. Pictures covered that one wall of my high-school/ middle school years. My queen bed sat in the middle with my dog, Cutie on it with Victoria. A desk was on the side with a MacBook.

"Well I'm done. I'm going to be waiting downstairs with Cam." She says and grabs her bag.

I nodded and walked into the bathroom. I looked at myself and my hideous burn scar on the left side of my neck. Looking at it brought so many bad memories.

I sighed. I scanned myself. I was 5'2. I had long dark brown hair that reached my hip. I had brown eyes but they were odd, they had a very bright green in the middle, near the pupil. Almost hazel eyes. I was 18 years old, my birthday is December 9th.

High school was fun, but it had its downs.

I gulped and smiled at myself. "No more of this, I'm restarting."

I walk out and grabbed my bags. "Cmon Cutie." I tapped my leg and walked out of my room.

I was headed to Art School in Cali. Victoria and Leyloni were going to UCLA.

The present from my parents was this new vacation house. You can say I'm rich, but I'm not spoiled or stuck up, like my brother Ethan.

Anyways my bestest friend Cameron Dallas is Victoria's boyfriend, exactly 5 months yesterday. And can I just say they're the cutest honestly.

I didn't have anyone of course... Not when I have food.

I ran down the stairs to find my mom waiting at the door with tears in her eyes. "Mom! No crying you're going to make me cry." I say and pouted at her. "I'm sorry Kiera." She laughed and gave me a big hug. "I'm going to miss you,"

"So will I. But I have a plane to catch! I'll call you when I land. Love you." I say and gave her a last hug. I saw Cam and Victoria in the car.

I waved by to my stepdad, I didn't really like him... But I had to deal with it before. Now I'm finally getting away from him.

"Hurry up Kiera! You're like a granny," Victoria laughed.

"Shut up." I smile and put my stuff in the trunk.

I sat in the back with my carry on bag.

"You guys excited?" Cameron asks while starting the car. "Yesssss!" I scream.

"Chilllllll." Vicky says and laughs.

"Weirdos." Cam laughs and drove off.

"Shh guys we still have to get Leyloni!" Victoria says and got back on her phone.

I rolled my eyes and started playing on my phone.

- 10 mins later -

I ran out the car to Leyloni's front porch. I knocked on it at least 100 times.

She finally opened the door. "Dude lets go we're gonna be late!" I yell and started jumping. "Well hello to you too." She laughs and grabs her bags.

"This is going to be crazy." She says. "I know... I'm so excited." I reply. "Yeah I've noticed." We put her bags in the trunk and sat in the back.

"Hey guys." She says.

"Hey." Vicky and Cam say to her.

Cameron started driving off.

"Oooh LA here we come!" Leyloni yells.

--

"get away from it all, not a care in the world."