Cherry Pop *~10~*

Start from the beginning

     "Hold still!" Mara shrieked out in frustration.

     Zara was already back on her feet and went after Courtney again. She grabbed a deadly looking dagger from her boots and threw is straight at Courtney. Courtney jumped back out of dodge but Zara anticipated that and was already taking out another dagger from her other boot and threw it at the direction her opponent had dodged to.

     "Courtney!" I screamed.

     Courtney saw the wicked looking blade coming but didn't move to dodge it. Instead she caught the dagger right on its blade with one hand, pointed tip an inch from her nose. I sagged with relief. My heart was beating so rapidly I'm surprised that I hadn't suffered a heart attack. Watching them fight was the scariest yet amazing thing I've ever witnessed.

     "Well damn," I heard Twitchy say. My head jerk to his direction. "Everyone else is having fun but me." His eyes landed on me, an evil smile curving on his lips. "Maybe I'll have my own fun then."

     I backed away and nearly stumbled clumsily on the sand. He took a step towards me and I countered it by taking another step back. I'm not like West and Courtney. I didn't have some incredible hidden skills. I'm human and if Twitchy comes after me I know I'm not going to last, but by the way his dark eyes were gleaming at me it told me several things.

     He'd make it last and enjoy torturing me before finally putting me out of my misery. Fear shot through me, making my throat burn. I swallowed and countered another one of his steps, making sure that my eyes never left him even though there were two close battles going on in either side of me.

     "Leave her alone!"

     Twitchy jerked his head to the side and he scowled, his hand coming up to rub his ear. Both our eyes landed on the rock that landed beside his feet. Growling, he swirled around and faced Ami. Ami backed away and threw another rock at him but this time he caught it and crumbled it in his hand.

     Ami and I both watched with wide eyes as the grind from the rock sprinkling out his hand and onto the sand. Either the rock she had thrown at him hadn't been that hard or Twitchy is a strong bastard. Since he was friends with Mara and Zara, both who had shown great power, I opted for the second choice.

    "So you want me to play with you instead, little girl?" Twitchy said, "okay then. Let's play."

    Ami gave out a small "eep" and ran for it, kicking the sand back under her feet as she did. "Ami!" I shouted and tried to go after them but found that I couldn't move an inch.

     What the hell!? I looked down and tried to take a step but my feet wouldn't budge. It felt like gravity had locked onto my feet, preventing me to move. Like in my dream...

      "Come here you little shit," Twitchy snarled after Ami. I watched, helpless as Twitchy made a grab for Ami but the small girl dodged him and kept running, losing one of her red flip flips in the process.

      "You wanna play tag, hmm?" Twitchy stopped walking and twitched. Ami stopped running and swirled to face him, chest rising and falling as she breathed hard.

     "Let me see how long you'll be able to run from me now." Twitchy grinned and his shoulders began to shake. At first I thought he was having some kind of attack as his body kept convulsing but before I knew it, large bat-like wings burst free from his back, ripping his shirt.

     My lips parted open with awe as the wings flapped back, swirling the sand around him. Wings...how...how could he have wings? Where? I felt so lost, confused and frightened by the sight of them that for I moment my mind didn't know what to think.

     Then he went after Ami and I was scared for her all over again.

     "Run, Ami!" I screamed and tried desperately to get my feet to move without success. "Run!!"

     She turned and ran just as Twitchy took flight into the purplish, pink sky. His wings flapped and I had to cover my eyes to keep the sand from being blown into my eyes. When the sand was no longer being blown, I blinked and looked up.

     "Whaaaaaaa!" Ami cried as she ran, ducking her head as Twitchy swooped in to grab her. He missed but turned right back around and went after her again. Ami responded by turning around and running with her arms covering her head.

     When Twitchy made another attempt to swoop down like a falcon grabbing its prey from above, he got only a feet in from Ami before he suddenly bounced right back. Confusion set on his face as he flapped his wings back, watching Ami run. He dived after her again and still it seemed like something was deflecting him away from her.

     I watched the scene with confusion. Ami ran back and forth like a trapped mice and every time Twitchy tried to grab her he was hitting something that prevented him from touching her. It reminded me of the time when Ami had thrown her arms around me earlier and he couldn't touch us.

     My mind raced. Was Ami making a barrier? That's what they had said she had been doing at the time. So was she doing that now? Using a barrier to keep him back? But it didn't look like she was having much success keeping it up. The scene would have been comical if my new friend wasn't fighting to stay alive.

     I wanted to do something. I wanted to help her but I still couldn't move! Why? What was preventing me from moving? Was it Courtney? West? Damn it! Tears of frustration burned in my eyes.

      I felt so helpless! Hell, I am helpless. I couldn't do a damn thing to help Ami. To help anyone.

     "Leave her alone!" I screamed at Twitchy who kept diving after poor Ami. "Stop it!"

     "Whaaaaaaaaaa!" Ami wailed again. "West! Heeeeeeeeeeelp!"

     My head jerked to West's direction and saw that he towered over Mara who lie sprawled on the sand before him. She was breathing hard, eyes closed, face bruised and nose bloodied. I hadn't been watching his fight so I have no idea how she got in that state but something told me that it was all West's doing.

     "West!" Ami cried and tripped. She landed on her knees on the sand.

     "AMI!!" I screamed as Twitchy dived in after her. This time, I had a feeling that he would finally reach her. "West! Help her!"

     Ami covered her eyes and screamed. "WEST!!"

     And then West was in front of her, hand shooting out and going right though Twitchy's chest. Twitchy gasped, shock dawning on his face as dark blood, too black to be normal spurted out his parted lips. His massive wings spread out and suspended in mid hair, he couldn't seem to move.

      West grinned, Twitchy's black heart beating in his fist. "Why don't you rejoin our brothers and sisters in the dancing black flames of hell, hmm?" He jerked his arm out of Twitchy's chest and crushed the heart in his hand. "Say hello to, Daddy for me."

     Twitchy gave out an ear splitting wail, my and Ami's hands instinctively covering our ears to drown out the painful sound. Twitchy's body exploded and burst into black flames that turned to dust. His heart crumbled to the sand from West's hand and I watched it blow away with the wind.

     My mind said only one sentence. What the fuck?