Missing Moment

The bespectacled chipmunk in blue sweater stood by the chessboard, figuring how to beat himself with another move. It seemed like the only thing he was good at, but who appreciates Chess these days? Everyone is all about football, soccer, sports basically, and popularity.

That was the kind of thing his brother Alvin fit in. That sort of activities were just not suitable for him. Dodgeball was more than enough, bending his only glasses and hurting him in the pancreas area. There were a lot of things on his mind that blocked him from doing another move, and his latest one yet was the largest block, which drove him crazy.

It was difficult to control Alvin and his hunger for fame and popularity in school, manage Theodore's emotional state, and survive the bullying jocks whom his own brother would ditch him for. High school in short was a pain in the neck. To add fuel to the fire, he was thinking about a girl. It created a fire and ice feeling inside of him.

That chipette, who was supposed to be a rival against him as she was on Ian's side, kept lingering in his mind. The extremely adorable girl chipmunk with purple glasses far more fetching than his own plain black ones. He never did catch her name... Not yet, at least. That was another confusion. How does one like someone else at first sight? Well, her eyes were extremely sparkling from a bird's eye view where he stood, especially when they dilated as she made eye contact with him.

Just who was she?

Meanwhile, just nearby, Jeanette herself was daydreaming about her celebrity crush on the bespectacled chipmunk, overwhelmed that they were in the same school, searching for a shady tree to relax in peace during lunch time. She felt awfully embarrassed to look lonely in the cafeteria. Who could say? She had no friends in the first place.

Besides, she did not feel hungry even the slightest bit. She felt as if she did not fit in. Brittany fitted in well with the Cheerleaders co-captains, let alone being appointed as the main captain. Jeanette and Eleanor managed to join the squad as well, but they were never seen by the others to be as flexible or 'flawless' as Brittany.

Eleanor on the other hand made friends with those from her cooking class. She was happily munching in the cafeteria with them. Jeanette was just too shy to talk to them. They always conversed, but she felt like a third party whenever she tried to join in the conversation. So, she decided to spend her lunch time on her own.

She stopped in her tracks when she caught sight of her crush. There he stood on the table, pulling a thinking expression. She screamed in her head to hide away from him in case he got creeped out seeing her observing him, but her heart fluttered at the idea of talking to him. So what did she do? She decided to do the latter, by doing the first option. Basically, she chose to do both.

She climbed up the tree and onto the branch hovering above the table.

Come on, Jeanette, say hi. One simple hi. Hi simon. No that's too plain. Heya Si! No, that's probably how his brothers greet him. Hi I'm Jeanette! Yeah, yeah, tell him your name!

Jeanette was constantly debating what to say for a greeting in her mind, and startled herself with a slight gasp when her foot accidentally broke a twig from the branch. Simon's ears perked up as he looked around and up at the tree, just as Jeanette hid above some leaves.

"Hm." Simon remarked, assuming he was hearing things, before returning to his game.

Jeanette heaved a sigh of relief, not realising that she kicked the partially broken twig even more, blowing it completely off the branch. It landed on Simon's head, and Jeanette freaked out with a gasp.

"Oof!" Simon shrieked, rubbing his head.

Sorry Si! Jeanette mentally apologised to him, afraid of him catching her and realising that she was technically spying on him, being the smart chipmunk he was.