Chapter XXIX - Leaving On A Jet Plane

Start from the beginning

Just then Ava got up and ran over to me.  Jumped into my lap and whispered into my ear.

“I don’t think I like her very much Daddy.” She said and then looked at me with sad eyes.

I saw Rachel perk up a bit and at first I thought she heard what Ava said, but then I realized that we were being watched by paps.  Snapping pictures from behind some trees.  Rachel took this opportunity to rest her head on my shoulder.  I immediately stood up, picking Ava Belle up in my arms with me.  I wasn’t in the mood for this.

“Can we go home, Daddy?”

“We just got here, Ladybug” Rachel said while lifting her arms to caress down Ava’s shoulder.  Ha, I thought, she is in for it now.

“Don’t call me Ladybug!” Ava says frankly looking directly in Rachel’s eyes and I smile knowingly.

“Only Daddy and My Hazza are allowed to call me that, thank you.” She finishes and buries her head into my neck.

Rachel, still showing off for the cameras, smiled and nodded and then put her hand on the small of my back.  I tried changing my pace to get her hand off of me but she kept up. 

“You know Ava, you are a very beautiful girl.  You look just like me.”

“Huh…” Ava replies.  “Everyone has always told me I look exactly like Daddy.  I have his beautiful blue eyes.”  I am smiling at the fact that Ava is making it so hard for Rachel.

I use my phone and call Rachel a cab and wait with her until it arrives.

She opens the taxi door and leans over to give Ava a hug.  “I’ll see you soon, Ava” Ava gives her a one arm hug and says goodbye and then makes her way in behind me.

Rachel pulls my in for a tight hug, likely for the cameras that are still there, and presses her lips to my ear.

“You should come by later tonight.  I’ll make it worth your while.” She whispers and then runs her tongue along my ear.  Eww gross, I think.

“Bye, Rachel.” I say as she gets in the taxi and I shut the door. 

Ava and I have lunch at the café before we make our way home so she can get ready for her ballet, drama and piano classes.  As we approach the house, my stomach drops.  I see an all too familiar black Range Rover in my drive way.

“My Hazza is here Daddy!” Ava yelled

“I see that Ladybug.”

Before I can even turn off the car she is jumping out and running towards the front door.

“Ava wait” I call after her but her excitement drowns out my voice.

I enter my house to see Ava in Harry’s arms.  Her head is resting on his shoulder and his head in resting on her hair.  He is swaying them back and forth, slowly.

“Harry” I say looking at the man I love and it’s taking everything in me not to run over to him.

“I’m sorry just to show up like this but I am getting on the jet in about three hours; leaving tonight for America and wanted to say goodbye to Ava Belle.”

“It’s fine Harry.  But where are Anne and Gemma?  I thought they were spending the day with you.”

“They are going to be to my place in about an hour.” He says and then furrows his eyebrows like something just came to him.  “Wait, how did you know they were coming?” He asks.  His head still cuddling onto Ava’s

“Anne called me at the beginning of the week and said she and Gemma would be here and they wanted to see Ava and me.  We are meeting for lunch tomorrow.” I replied.