Livvy brightened up at the sight of her twin brother, and he came to stand beside her.

"Hello, Tiberius." Mark smiled, trying to be nice.

Ty only looked at him, put on his headphones, and turned on his music. Mark looked dejected, and I patted his arm, sadly. I turned back to Tavvy, who was still looking down at his broccoli, disgusted.

"Tavvy, you have to eat your vegetables." I started again.

"Emma is right." Mark added. "How about this, if you eat your vegetables, I'll let you throw knives in the training room later."

This caught Tavvy's attention. He had a certain attraction for throwing knives, though Julian never allowed it, saying that he was too young and that it was dangerous. It had become his thing with Mark, throwing knives. As long as Mark watched Tavvy carefully, he allowed it. Tavvy immediately started to eat his broccoli, and I laughed.

"Good thinking." I grinned.

Mark only smiled, his gold and blue eyes bright. Cristina was watching Mark and I quite intently, and I raised an eyebrow at her. She quickly looked away. What? I then heard a commotion from the front hall of the Institute. A few seconds later, Julian and Diego appeared in the kitchen. My eyes immediately were glued to Julian, and I felt a throbbing pain where my Parabatai rune was. He didn't look at me, and I quickly averted my eyes.

"So, did you guys find anything?" Livvy asked.

"Nope." Julian said. "Everything's all gone."

"Thank the angel for that." Cristina sighed in relief.

We all talked for a few more minutes, and then we all parted in separate ways. Cristina and I went to my room, to talk. I threw myself down on my bed, and she took a seat beside me. Her eyes were focused on the floor, and she was biting her lip, looking distracted.

"What is it?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

"I kissed Diego." She turned red.

My eyes widened. "You kissed perfect Diego? I thought you hated him?"

"I do, I just got caught up in the moment." She said.

"And? How did it feel?" I questioned.

"Good. Really good." Cristina blushed. "But something didn't feel quite right. Something was tugging at the back of my mind, while I kissed him."

She was silent for a moment.

"I--I think it was because of Mark." Cristina said slowly. "I feel something for him. I'm not sure what it is, but I find myself thinking about him more than I should."

I smiled slightly. "I knew you liked him!"

She chuckled. "I didn't say I liked him. I just said that I feel something for him."

I rolled my eyes at her. "C'mon Tina, you like him."

She only blushed but remained silent. "You never told me what happened between you and Julian?"

My smile immediately disappeared, and I felt pain in my Parabatai rune again.

"I told him I didn't love him like that." I said sadly. "It was a lie, of course, but we couldn't continue to be like that. It was too risky."

Cristina nodded her head. "You did the right thing, Emma."

I was about to respond, when there was a knock at my door. The door opened, and in walked in Mark. He was wide eyed, and a bit out of breath.

"You'll never believe who just showed up at our door."

* * *

Teresa Palmer as Emma Carstairs

Colton Haynes as Julian Blackthorn