Chapter 30. Trying to Impress Naruto's Dead but not Dead Dad.

Start from the beginning

"Hey, before I die again and before we get busy with fighting, I'd like to ask you a few more questions," Minato said and instantly I wanted to throw up. It'd be nerve-wracking in general to meet someone's dad, but I had a time limit to make a good impression before he died again. He could only be reanimated for so long. 

"Yeah, of course. Go on ahead." I responded. 

"How long have you two been dating?" 

"Uhh, well technically there's not like an official start date or anything. We just kinda fell into it after a few years of both of us liking each other. Naruto went off to train for a few years with Pervy Sage and so that put things on the backburner. Ever since he's gotten back he's been crazy busy and still training super hard.  Naruto wanted to become even stronger to help keep Konoha safe and get stronger to become the Hokage as well as getting Sasuke back. He'd always have some big goals for himself. It's been nice seeing him get closer to them." I looked off in the distance and thought of Naruto. It was wild to see him get older throughout the years. I had known him as the little kid who couldn't do any jutsu for so long, but he never gave up. "I know he'll be Hokage in no time." I smiled. "I mean granted we save humanity and all that." I then furrowed my eyebrows when I had a realization. 

"Why did you guys go through the village like you did? You had to have known someone would notice." The Second Hokage looked back at me. A soft smile popped up on his face, he looked to the side and I could tell he was mentally somewhere else. Somewhen else. 

"A few reasons. First, we needed the village to be on lockdown just in case things get out of hand on the battlefield. If the village is already on high alert then they'll be extra ready for any potential threats."  He looked back at me for a second then looked at the ground before looking forward again. "It's nice to see the village. It's been so long since my eyes last saw my home and my people." 

The First Hokage then spoke up. "It's been so long. So much has changed yet so much has stayed the same. The buildings may have changed and shop names too, but it's still the same village. The laughter and the pride of the village is still the same, generation through generation." He smiled so big my cheeks hurt from just having watched the dude. 

"It's been nice to see the village. See what visions I had in mind for it and see how it has actually changed. I had always thought of what the village would look like after I had passed, as morbid as it sounds. I knew it would be safe as long as the morals stayed the same, which they have." The Second Hokage said. "While many may mistake our legacies being our name left in history, our true legacy is the village. Names get lost to time as most things do. However, the Leaf Village's strength, love, and pride will forever leave more of a legacy than we can even imagine."

The Hokages then got into an intense conversation of trying to track which stores closed from the first Hokage's time and what they had changed into throughout the years. I had never known that there was a dance hall in the village in the past. The First Hokage talked about it so fondly. 

"When we were at war in the beginning of the village forming I knew that village morale was vitally important. Ninjas worked even harder knowing what an amazing village they were fighting for." A huge smile formed on his face. "It was also nice to take my wife there sometimes. Oh, how that woman could dance. I had two left feet and was always so awful at it. That never stopped her from wanting to dance with me though. She said since I danced so bad it made her look like a pro." He chuckled a little bit to himself."  She never needed my help though, everyone in the village knew she was the best dancer around."

The look on his face was one I easily recognized. It was the one I had on my face whenever I thought of Nartuo. The First Hokage was still in love with his wife, despite a hundred years having passed. He made me realize that love was eternal. Despite being corpses in boxes, our love still existed. Even death can't kill love. It made me think about dancing with Naruto sometime and I never realized I wanted that idiot to dance with until the First Hokage talked about it.