Chapter 27 The Fallen Ones

Start from the beginning

'We'll do that once we get to the house.'

The tears chose this particular moment to make their way down your face as you nevertheless tightened your hands into fists and tried your best to keep your cool 'I said that we have to talk right NOW. Just turn to look at me and I'll tell you what it's best for both of us; we can't go on like this.'

'I said walk ______.'

'NO! We have to talk about this! Look at me!'

Nothing.

'LOOK AT ME!!!'

Your voice, a mixture of both anger and desperation, pierced through the silence of the forest and cut it off, reverberating in the distance like a penetrating gunshot. It had been a while since you had screamed like that and especially towards Jack, who only remained where he was, with his back turned to you. Angrily, you wiped away the tears from your face and tried your best to ignore the soft, stinging pain in your heart trying to focus your penetrating gaze on the back of the man. Suddenly, you heard Jack sigh wearily and eventually turn towards your crying form; his majestic navy blue mask nailed itself on you, betraying nothing of the man's true emotions yet nevertheless helping you gather the courage to speak your mind freely. Because you knew that what you were going to do next, was going to hurt both of you.

'I think.... I think that this is a grave mistake.' You breathed out.

'What is?' Jack's voice sounded curious and almost out of breath.

'Us continuing to be together.' Choking out the words, it was the very first time that you felt such determination oozing from your every pore in a long while. This was going to be hard, but you had to protect Jack 'I know that it is the very first time in a long while that we are together Jack and believe me, I wish with all my heart that these circumstances would be different, but I can't do this to you; I can't just stand by and watch as you are casted out of your very own house for someone as insignificant as myself. You should turn back and leave me here Jack; I'm not going to be around too long either way.'

There was a long pause.

'Are you an idiot?'

In the sound of his words, your eyes open wide with surprise and you fail to process his words at first 'What?'

'I asked of you, if you are an idiot. That would explain why you are telling me all this.' Jack shrugged 'I refuse to leave you _____. End of the story.'

'You have no choice in this Jack! If you don't realize it, you have just been thrown out of your very own home because of me! You are exiled from your very own kind! So excuse me, but I want you to leave me here and go back right now, because it is there that you belong!' you snap at him angrily.