Chapter 5

H A R R Y  S T Y L E S 

My phone was buzzing all night. Sorry I didn't say bye. Or sorry I forgot to say goodbye. That's all it was from the lads. Well they can fuck off, I'm not in the mood. I shuffled out of the single bed and stretched, making my knuckles, back and knees crack - in a good way. I opened up the small closet in the room and took out a black short sleeve t-shirt and a pair of sweats. I changed my boxers and threw on the outfit before pulling a pair of blue socks onto my feet. I grabbed my phone and slipped it into my pocket before making my way out of the door.

As soon as I stepped foot outside of my bedroom, I bumped into a smaller woman. The woman I recognised to be Lily from yesterday. That reminded me of Mallory. "Ah Harry, I was just coming to get you," Lily smiled up at me, "We're going to get Mallory and then you're going to start your first day at the Psychiatric Ward counselling group." She said sheepishly.

"Counselling? I don't need that much help." I laughed. "Stage one of psychiatric care - denial." She stated. Before I knew it, I was being dragged down the hall to the room I was in yesterday. Mallory's room. Lily knocked two times before she turned the doorknob a few times and opened the door. There lay Mallory on the floor, leaning against her bed with her phone to her ear. "I don't want to come and visit you." She whispered on the phone. I wonder who she was talking to?

Wait... Why do I even care?

"I don't have to, it's up to me what I do." She said before hanging up and sniffling. Lily cleared her throat and Mallory's full attention was on us. Her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was red from crying. "Harry, would you mind stepping outside for a moment please?" Lily asked me. I nodded and backed out of the room, shutting the door behind me. There was a window leading to the room I was previously in and I had to stop myself from looking in, but I couldn't. I saw Lily crouched down infront of Mallory with her right hand on Mal's shoulder. She started talking to her and Mallory nodded before standing up. I quickly turned around, hoping they wouldn't see me, and waited for them to finish.

When I heard the door unlock, I saw Lily and Mallory come out of the room, Lily shutting it behind them again. Mallory's eyes were still puffy, but her nose was back to her usual, pale colour. She had gotten changed, I had noticed. She was dressed in a pair of aztec printed joggers, a palm tree/sunset printed crop tee and Batman socks. "My mate would love your socks," I chuckled, "He's obsessed with Batman."

"Then we'd get on very well." She said with no emotion. "Well, we've got to get you two down to the meeting room before they worry about you both," Lily laughed, taking our hands and pulling us down the corridor. I noticed Mallory pulled her arm away and shoved both hands into the pockets of her joggers. "Smile." I whispered, nudging her shoulder. "In this place? You'd be lucky to get a laugh from me."

"Sorry." I mumbled, hanging my head low and continued to trail along behind Lily beside Mallory. "I didn't mean it like that." She whispered, nudging me this time. "I'd smile any day for you."

"Y-You what?" She stuttered. "Uh, I, did I say that out loud?" I asked.

She nodded and a fluster of red rose to her cheeks as well as mine. "Here we are." Lily announced as she came to a hault. We were now currently stood in front of a large, metal door with three locks on it. Were we that bad we had to be locked in like this? "Why are you two so red in the face?" Lily chuckled, pointing to Mallory's face and mine. "Uh, its-"

"-It's hot in here. We need to turn the air conditioning on." Mallory lied. "Right, made a mental note of that. Thanks." Lily thanked Mallory and turned back to opening the door. "Good save." I nudged Mal's shoulder. "Don't get to used to it. Next you'll be wanting me to lie about why we're stood here holding hands."

I looked down and she was quite correct - our hands were interlocked with each other. I smiled and took my hand away from hers but rested it on her shoulder as we walked through the doors behind Lily. "You two look cosy." A young boy smiled at us. "Thanks." Mal said quietly.

Did she just thank someone who complimented how 'cute we look'? I think she did...

"Mallory! Mallory!" Another boy chirped, hugging Mallory. "Alright George?" Mal asked the boy.

"Yeah, do you like my flower crown?" He asked the two of us. He seems cool.

"Make me one." Mal smiled at him. I thought she never smiled? Fake smiler. We're going to be best friends.

"Do you like it Harry?" George asked with a giant smile on his face. "Can I have one. I really like them." I said truthfully to George. "Y-You c-can h-ave this one i-if you w-want t-to."

"Really? Thank you." I thanked him and he put the flower crown on my head. "Yay, flower power." I giggled. George giggled and ran off to another person and squealed. Aw, my little fanboys and fangirls. Gotta love them.

"George is gay by the way." Mallory informed me.

"I thought so," I chuckled, "So he's a big fan of One Direction?"

"You could say that, why?"

"I've got a.. Friend I think he'd be interested in. "Me? For me? Oh my God!" George squealed. "Yeah, his name is Niall."

"N-Niall freaking Horan is gay?! OMG! Please, please, please. Damn I sound needy now right? God damnit George."

"Hey, it's alright. I'll phone him tonight and get him to come here and I'll introduce the two of you." I offered. "Omg thank you so much!" George was literally fangirling it was so cute.

"Wait... How old are you?"

"19." He smiled. "He'll love you." I giggled. George smiled and thanked me again before wandering off in his own little world around the large room. "I can't see why you don't like it here Mal, it's amazing."

"Not when you've been here for as long as I have it's not."

"How long have you been here for?"

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out."

"You're the one that blushed when I said I'd smile for you."

"You're the one that was completely oblivious to the fact that you're again holding my hand."

I looked down at my hand and it was, once again, interlocked with hers. "God damnit." I whispered, smiling to myself completely. "I like it." I peeped out, not meaning to say it, again.

"Me too," She whispered, "Me too."