Tattoo (Damon's POV)

The day Karma left was not a good day for me. At first, I thought it would be no big deal, but it was the opposite. They're were moments where there was nothing else I could think of other than her.

The day I dreaded and looked forward to had arrived. I didn't have a choice but to finally do something.

I pulled myself out of bed, standing tall in front of my mirror. I formed some clothes around me. Dark jeans with a white v-neck, along with a black leather jacket with red accents. I topped it off with dark brown boots. 

I swear, I've been doing this for hundreds of years and it never once got old. It saved money though, although in hindsight, I question why I ever needed money.

On my way out, my phone began to ring. "Okay, I know you're going to go see Karma and everything. But I wanted to know it we're still on for later."

I instinctively snapped at Marcus, "Yeah. I'll meet you at the place in about an hour."

"Cool, see if you can bring Karma with -" And at that point, I hung up on him.

I pulled the tarp off my Augusta and raised the door to my garage. I revved my engine and peeled out before the door automatically shut back down.

I headed immediately for the first place I knew I could find Karma. The drive from Manhattan to Brooklyn was long, but in end, I knew it would be worth it.

I pulled up at her driveway. Her parents' cars were still here, but something was wrong. She was here but she left. I picked up her scent, it was something that was hardwired into my brain, something I couldn't possibly forget. The scent of vanilla.

I gave chase until the scent got stronger and stronger, eventually arriving at a large building. The sign in front read The Carmenate School for Gifted Girls.

Almost as soon as I parked my bike, a horde of girls surrounded me. Some of them appearing to be 14 or 13. "Is that a motorcycle? Oh my god, you have a motorcycle. That's so hot." They all said, with a hint of flirtation.

I scolded them though. Suddenly, I caught a strong scent, the scent of vanilla. 

I revved engine so loud, the crowd covered their ears and disbanded, save for two girls. One of which was the one I was after.

I still can't believe how much more beautiful she gets every time I see her. Her perfect creamy skin, her adorable rosy cheeks, her dazzling hazel eyes and her radiant smile.

She slowly walked towards me, and at the same time my heart started racing. The closer she got, the more beats it skipped. It reached its climax and she was standing close to me. For that one moment, time seemed to have stood still and it was just me and her.

I hugged her. For the past three months, that's all I ever wanted to, hold her once again.

"Don't you ever fucking leave again, or I'll die." I whispered into her ear. She hugged me tighter, her way of saying "Okay."

The crowd of underaged girls disbanded in disappointed, leaving only Caroline in an awkward moment while me and Karma embraced.

"Right... So... I guess I'll just leave you two alone." She walked away slowly, watching me and Karma until she was long gone.

"Wanna come somewhere with me?" I asked, still whispering in her ear.

"Where to?" She said, pulling away and smiling.

I laid back on the bike, putting it into position. "Climb on." I smiled.

She obeyed, and wrapped her arms around me, securing herself on the bike. I drove off and into the highway.

It didn't take long before we met our destination: a tattoo parlor.

"That's closed." She said as we got off and approached the door.

"Unless you know the owner." I smiled, as I opened the door for her.

"Who's the owner?"

"That would be me." Came out a happy Marcus. "Glad to see you, Karma."

"Nice to see you, Marcus. What's with the torch?" She said, taking notice of the large acetylene torch in his hand.

I took off my jacket and rolled up my sleeve. "It's for me. I'm getting a tattoo."

Karma had a look of both shock and confusion on her face. "Why do you need the torch for?!"

"The only way to leave a mark on a demon's body," He lit the torch and smiled wickedly. "Is with hellfire."

"Hellfire?" Question Karma. Marcus didn't reply, he escorted us to the back where he had set up a chair for me to sit. 

He took a knife and cut his finger, the pain alone should've demoralized him of going through with this. But it was what was about to happen that kept him intrigued. He rubbed his bleeding finger on the nozzle of the torch, and lit it again. This time the flame had taken on a black color.

"This is hellfire. The burning of a soul, this is pure fire." He closed the nozzle down to a fine tip. He reached for my arm, with the torch in his other hand. 

"Ready?"

I looked at Karma, who had sat down next to me and watched tentatively as the torch got closet to my skin.

"Let's just get this over with."