𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙙 ━━ 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘩𝘴

Start from the beginning

And the next ride he was pertaining was a luxury helicopter with layers of soundproofing. Everyone went aboard in the air. You sat in the same row with Nanami, while Gojo and Yuji were across from you. The high-speed chopper cut through the winds, embraced the crisp breeze. The sky was in deep black, and the horizon seemed endless. The site would be in a city located in Sorachi Subprefecture, Hokkaido—Bibai.

Gojo explained the mission through a headset for better communication. 

"The mission for Yuji's and Ryusei is to exorcise a haunted forest!"

Upon hearing him, you sardonically smiled at him while your two middle fingers were saluted.

Gojo only snickered.

"H-Haunted forest?" You sensed Yuji's hesitation.

Who wouldn't? It was a forest. How vast of a forest? A mountainous area. How many acres? How high the elevation was?

Now you got it why he kept the mission not until now.

"Yes!" Gojo took your annoyance as a delight. "Not only that! There was a castle hidden around the foot of the mountains that was protected by and a pentagonal-shaped moat. It seems to be protected by 50 acres of a haunted forest, and legend said that whenever enemies would approach the castle, a thick mist would descend upon it as a natural shield, or maybe attacked by spirits."

Fifty fucking acres . . . 

You just wanted to die at this point.

"Then?" you said with a brow raised up. "Why would those idiotic fucktards want to exorcise it? Just by the sound of it, it is an ancient and sacred site."

"Those idiotic fucktards want to build a hotel and leisure park to capitalize more on the tourists, for it is popular skiing and snowboarding."

"Well, yeah, of course, the root cause will always be capitalism. Fucking capitalism." You grimaced with your tongue showing.

Nanami regarded your comment as ironic humor . . . Coming from someone who was a former salaryman.

"Thus, when a rich developer wanted to start the clearing operations, multiple mishaps appeared." Gojo took a short pause then continued, "There are stories of people who worked into the site ruins returned but deranged, traumatized by what they experienced in the perimeters. One story goes that a certain group of workers were attacked and had barely made it back. Some have never returned. According to a group of sorcerers who had an initial investigation, they encountered a shimmering speckle inside the castle that the site is an interdimensional portal."

"It's an Innate Domain, then." You shrugged in a bored manner. It

"Innate Domain?" Yuji repeated. "Like the Cursed Womb one?"

You didn't get what he meant, but Gojo agreed.

"And that will be your mission! Retrieve the missing civilians—either dead or alive—and exorcise the area. Simple, right?"

You didn't say a word. Ever since you decided to make a deal with these sorcerers, you had accepted that doing special grade missions like this would be a part of your normal life. Though you didn't know what normal meant.

And yes, you would do it, but they should expect that you would complain a lot. Like A LOT.

"This is flight January 9-9-9-1, Delta Echo, we have reached our destination. Now preparing to land in two minutes."

You immediately interfered. "No, this point is good enough. Go higher and remain stationary in the air."

The pilot listened to you, going higher in the heights and making the blades of the helicopter generate a vertical lift to balance it in the force of gravity.