𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 ━━ 𝘪 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺

ابدأ من البداية

"You look very lovely, Your Highness," said a trim gray-haired woman.

The other plain girls in your service practically whispered, "Very beautiful, Her Highness."

As the three chambermaids began to put a headpiece to your hair and tightened the decorated fastening of the long necklace composed of many rows of beads in different shapes and colors, with a pendant behind your shoulders, you continued to examine yourself with great criticism. So many had told you how pleasing you were to the eyes—the kind proportions of your face, your fairish hair, and soft eyes—but you could never find that beauty in yourself.

Yes, even though they made quite a ceremony of dressing you for today, but the truth was that you spent all those hours looking for problems you would be facing, for you were all too aware how much you hated being in extravagant events.

Eventually, once primming you up, they invited you to the banqueting hall. You never listened; you felt almost as if you were a decoration to the event. All your life, it was already planned to be filled with cosmetics and social occasions, yet such a carefree life was not entirely pleasurable, for, among other things, you could not deny that you were pained by the absence of what was a meaning of life.

Heavens, as you never ready for a public appearance, you couldn't help wonder what gossip would make the rounds of tomorrow's table. On the subject of social status—you who had nothing as your everything—the most horrid things would be told and retold was about your low-lifeness, and over and over it came as a great astonishment that people could talk of such things that could affect you.

You sat still on your bed, facing the wall. You planned to escape, but the chamber had no other access than the door.

You were firm in your decision not to go out, thus they sent you food. Even with the enticing and savory smell of the food that was presented on your small table, you seemed not to have an appetite.

You didn't understand how things went so fast within a night, so fast that it wasn't possible to comprehend.

Evening came, Isostress the king commanded his seven chamberlains that served in his presence to bring you before the king your most precious clothes and accessories to show the people your divine beauty: for you were fair to look on. But you, a peasant, refused to come at the king's order; therefore, the concubines and royalties were very wroth, and their anger reached to you.

They came to your chamber. They were very beautiful in your eyes, they wore pride in the way they stood—very noble and had a high standing in the society. Each one of them had a foreboding aura, emphasizing their fury towards you.

"Who thy maiden is?" A question of nark rose from one of the women.

You only eyed them sideways, not even professing a word of respect or greeting. You could care less. For you, they were just the same human as you.

"Why thou ingrate hath no respect such? How presumptuous to disobey thy king's order?"

Why would they have qualms about you? You snickered inside your head, because you already knew that you were a threat to them. They came here all the way here to your chambers if their pride was not on the line.

Meaningless.

"I order thee to speak!" One demanded.

Speak or not, you would infuriate them either way. What only concerned you that there was no one to back you up if ever they maltreated you.

Then another woman reprimanded, "None of us concubines favored by the king! How come Isostress the king speaketh of a nameless woman that she shall be the queen? That is why we gathered here to see thee!"