Prologue

Hi guys! This is me making an attempt to write a somewhat romantic book:) I hope you like it anyways and it doesn't mean I am neglecting my other book! SO, vote, comment or share and enjoy!

_live_laugh_love_ xox

***

"Right, this is in no way something I like doing. I have to. My Mom says I need to grow as a person and the only way to do that is through writing down my 'feelings' and 'thoughts'. I really don't see the big deal! Most girls did this whole diary phase when they were 8, so being 16 makes me feel a little uncomfortable when writing in this, this thing!

I don't see why I should invest my valuable time on something so emotionless. I think Mom is buttering me up. She probably wants something off me, I better talk to her."

These were my first words in my - I refuse to call it a diary - journal. After that I ran down stairs, twice, stupid 3 storey house and talked to my Mom.

"Hi sweetie, dinner is going to be ready in ten minutes and it's your favourite Mac and Chee-"

"Cut the crap, Mom, why are you being so nice?"

"I don't know what you mean!"

"Oh come on! The journal, the shopping trips, the 'favourite dinner'. What's going on?"

"Sweetie, wait till your Dad gets home, okay?" AHA. I knew I would break her.

Dad's SVU purred as it came up the driveway, the opening and closing of the car were slick and the BEEP-BEEP of the lock caused me to rush downstairs.

"HEY DAD." I squealed nearly knocking him over in the process. I loved my dad more than anything but I rarely got to see him because he was always 'off on business'.

"Hey to you too!" Pulling me in for a bear hug. "Look we need to talk."

"Ooh, this sounds serious!" I said sarcastically coupled with an evil smirk but my amusement changed when my parents kept still and quiet.

"You know your Dad and I have been fighting alot recently."

"And your Mom and I haven't been seeing much of each other lately."

"Well, we are getting a divorce."

"Way to sound rehearsed." I snapped before I ran upstairs trying to contain my tears.

That night followed with pounding on my door to 'open up' and was answered by 'piss off'. I left my room to go to the bathroom to notice a plate of Mac and Cheese outside my room with a note along side it.

'Baby' It read 'Please try not to be mad, we understand if you are but we both love you just the same so please come talk to us because you need to decide.'

Clever.

In their feeble attempt to lure me down stairs, I gave in.

"Mom? Dad?" I peeped my head round the staircase.

"Hi, Amanda. Come sit down." My Dad motioned to the couch next to him.

"What did you mean by 'decide'?"

"Well you need to stay with with your Mom or me and we want you to decide!"

"Oh thank you for that honor!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Don't sass me, girl!" I knew better than to cross my Dad but it was difficult to not be mad at him.

"Sorry, but how long do I have to decide?" I tried to get my head around this.

"You have 6 months so take all the time you need! You can spend time with both of us if that helps?" Mom spoke up.

I didn't know anymore. I felt like everything was crashing and burning. How could they be so calm about this? I had to sleep on it. I needed some space. I needed happy parents.