Fate Calling

And if you really need him
Fate wont let you lose him.
Fate will bring him back.
It may not be soon but he'll come back.

           ******************

Days when you neither are able to sleep nor do you want to get up probably because your real life might be more nightmarish than your nightmare. That something when you want to go with the flow but still an invisible string pulls you back. I lay on the bed feeling the same.

Its break of the dawn. I stare at the ceiling thinking nothing in particular, letting the jumbled up thoughts make sense on their own. I know that's impossible but what's wrong in giving it a try, right?

I drag my lazy ass out of the bed and go-ahead to sit in front of the French window. The sky is adorned by scattered clouds with Sunrays peeping through them.

The conversation with Brandon plays in my head for the hundredth time!

"Brandon! Will you be angry if I tell you that I have hidden something from you?"
He doesn't appreciate me hiding things from him.

Brandon and I became friends in senior year when both of us were sharing the school captaincy. Our friendship started because I happened to be friends with his best friend, Jasper. Jasper and my friendship is the only friend of mine that has survived even after facing many hurdles. So, it goes deeper though the time duration happens to be just 2 years.

"What if I tell you that I have joined St. Stephen's College?"

"Then I'll say that you deprived me of the right of being your friend. Friends do know things like this and more than that it's the fact that you have been hiding this even after us talking on a daily basis. It hurts! "

"I m sorry! It's not what I had wanted and the cherry on the top is that few of our classmates will be senior by a year!

"Saira! Saira! Saira! How much does it matter as to what they think? I guess I matter to you and honestly I find nothing wrong in it! At least you gave your dream a second chance. It's mankind! Nobody spares no one!
           And wear your signature smile tomorrow! Try to look things an optimistic way. You'll definitely see the difference."

Easier said than done!
That's all I say to myself as I come back to reality.

I freshen up quickly and the cool water revives me.

Ah! But how could good things last long! I groan at the sight of the hideous college dress. And don't even get me started about its color. It drives the living daylight out of me!

I slip into the dress mentally sending an apology to the fashionistas!

I go down the stairs at my own pace, taking all the time in the world. Mom and my younger sister have already left for school. Dad isn't in the town. So here I have the whole house to myself.
Peeping out of the kitchen window I see just a scooty left behind which is definitely going to be my ride.

College ends up being a bit far but it's fine with me. I reach college for the Orientation in nick of time.

As I move into the auditorium, I hear a lady announcing my name. Talk about being on time!
As unexpected it is, I join in the first row just to notice the seat next to me vacant!

"Amy Reed"
I think I heard it right! Her name is called at least twice before she decides to turn up!

Black flowing hair and innocence oozing through her would make her be the first choice to whom I might extend my hand for friendship. As she takes the seat next to me I recognize her from a meet before being the same person who could beat Ray in being the epitome of carelessness!