Chapter 1: Clea the 'Gold Digger'

(Small author's note: Beautiful story cover was made by BriPeroxide)

            She walked into a room glancing around the dark interior. There were bones that decorated the walls and hanged from the ceiling, along with painted masks that scattered around the area. Candles dimly lit the room. In the center was a table covered with an old cloth and another woman who sat in a chair filing her nails.

The girl smiled at her and sat down at the chair in front of the fortune teller.

"Hello, my name is-"

"Clea Asher," the woman said cutting her off. She glanced up and met eyes with Clea.

Clea tried to keep on her polite smile. She couldn't help but to think of how cliche this woman was. She had her dark hair wrapped in a silk scarf, she dressed in a women's dashiki that matched her scarf and highlighted her chocolate skin. Clea knew she was a voodoo fortune teller, but Clea is a hundred percent sure the woman did not need all these gaudy decorations.

"I'm Borquita, what do you seek from me today?" Borquita said while folding her hands together and showing a toothy smile.

Clea's smile twitched, threatening to form to a sneer.

"Well, I don't think you need me to say if you knew my name," she said.

Borquita shrugged. "It's still a little more proper if you tell me what you seek."

It has only been three minutes and Clea regrets not going to the tarot card reader.

She leaned forward a bit towards the woman.

"You see, I'm a manager. And I just got moved to a new clinic. Unfortunately that clinic isn't paying me as much as the previous one. I also just invested in a new car and just moved in to a new apartment. And don't even get me started about my parents. They have been bugging me to visit them and I seriously do not want to pay for a plane ticket-"

Borquit raised her hand to stop Clea. "Get. To the point," she said.

Clea shut her mouth and blushed a bit in embarrassment.

"The point is." She clapped her hands together in front of the woman. Making Borquita raise an eyebrow.

"Is there any chance of me getting a stable partner?" she said.

Borquita continued to stare at her new client. She then laughed and rolled up her sleeves and took out a few rocks and bones from inside her shirt.

"You should have said so from the start," Borquita replied.

Clea's eyes shined with excitement as Borquita started to roll the items in her hand. Before the woman was going to throw them on the table Clea jumped and held the woman's hand.

"Hold on!"

A frown placed on Borquita's face.

"What," she seethed.

"I don't want just an ordinary stable boyfriend. Not some guy who will maybe buy me a brand named bag. I need someone who will let me sit on my ass and pay for my vacations." Her eyes widened a bit. "Maybe even find me a guy who will pay for my friend's and my vacation, without him coming with us!"

A pause came between the two. Borquita chuckled a bit under her breath at the woman in front of her.

"Oh, aren't you selfish woman."