Chapter 9 - The Visions

Start from the beginning

"Does anyone want something to eat?"

"Me!" screamed Aze and Ace. I chuckled lightly and looked at Ada who nodded her head which meant that she too wanted food. Ash didn't meet my eyes at all and I sighed. What was wrong with him? Why was he avoiding me?

"I want cookies!" screamed Ace, getting up from Ash's lap and running over to me. 

"Sure," I said, raking a hand through my hair. 

Ace stared into my eyes for a while and then said, "I like your eyes. They're a pretty blue."

I nodded, standing up. "Thank you."

Ace smiled at me and went back to Ash. I walked past Ash to the kitchen and finally he met my eyes. "Meet me in the kitchen," I mouthed. He didn't reply.

I sighed and walked over into the kitchen and started baking some cookies. It was pretty easy to make when you've done this your whole life. And I've done exactly that because of my mom. Mom used to get sick most of the times so, I had to learn how to cook. I learned quickly and my mom used to always say that she was proud of me. I missed those days badly.

I felt someone behind me and immediately turned and almost hit my head on the cupboard behind my head. I relaxed when I saw that it was only Ash. He had decided to come after all.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Where you left them. I put on the TV for them. They won't get up all that soon."

I nodded and went back to my cookies. A long silence ensued. I felt a bit awkward and I knew that Ash was feeling the same thing because he suddenly thought of breaking the ice,

"Why did you call me here for?"

I turned round to him and stared into his eyes. As if possessed or something, both of us walked towards each other. When we right in front of each other, without taking our eyes off each other, we brought our right hands forward and intertwined. There was a sudden connection between us. I felt tingles of electricity where our hands were touching. I saw Ash's eyes turn a sky-blue all of a sudden. Before I could do anything, I felt my vision turn a bit yellow. I gasped softly and suddenly, I saw right in front of me, a war going on. Thousands and thousands of people fought with each other. The ground was barren and the sun was shining brightly and the people were getting tired but they still fought. Different bright colours flew through the air and zapped into different people. 

People were lying on the barren ground and they were dead. Everyone was dead. Not even one person was alive. The soil was covered with red blood and it was horrible. Suddenly, I saw something out of the corner of my right eye. I turned and saw four people. Two men and two women. Both the women were holding a bundle of clothes in their hands which was squirming. I crept closer and form a distance saw that the bundles of clothes were in fact, two babies. One with bright green eyes and the other with bright blue eyes. 

The woman holding the baby with the green eyes said, "This is the end. Everyone is dead. There are still more of us all over the land and I want my child to be in their protection. Our children are not safe in our hands."

The other woman nodded and said, "Yes. This is very correct. But we cannot do so until they are at least fifteen."

The men nodded. The woman with the green-eyed baby said, "Raziel, we have to leave."

The man standing next to her, Raziel, nodded. "Yes Fay, we must leave."

Both of them turned to the other two. "Jared and Rhea, let us go."

Jared and Rhea nodded. All four of them with their babies disappeared.

My head started spinning. My vision turned normal. Ash's eyes turned back to green. And we toppled to the ground. I suddenly realized who the babies in the bundles were. There was no mistaking the green eyes and blue eyes. It was Ash and Ray.