Chapter One

This chapter really immerses the reader in the Shadowhunter world,or at least the characters.Emma starts it off and it is immediately clear that she is going to be the jokester out of the characters.
This chapter is more lighthearted than a lot of the other chapters.The focus is immediately on Emma's relationship or lack thereof with Cameron Ashdown,who, in my opinion is a keeper.
After learning about the murders from Johnny Rook the chapter gives us a look into Shadowhunters.There is no introduction to the world which makes it exciting.You don't have to read the same introduction again.
Cassandra Clare also introduces us to Christina,Emma's new friend who is the helpful hand in the friendship.
Faeries are also introduced in this chapter and a fight between Emma and the faerie occurs,showing us the reader that that is what Shadowhunters are meant to do.
We go from learning about Emma's relationship with Cameron and Christina to fighting a faerie.
This chapter,for me, was a good starting point.I would have been happier if this was the start of the book,instead of the prologue.
This chapter also brings in the theme of rebellion and rebeliousness that runs throughout the book.The unfairness of the law is talked about a lot and parabatai's are also mentioned,leaving me to wonder if this is going to be important later on in the book.Knowing Cassandra Clare it will be.

The murders are also investigated more,where Emma finds a dead body in the alley after fighting the faerie. that has the same markings as her parents leading her to wonder if they are connected.

Sorry for not posting sooner and for the bad review of chapter 1,I promise chapter 2 will be better.Also if any of the facts in each chapter review are wrong please comment and I will fix it.I have been very busy and I can get chapters mixed up if I haven't read them in a while.