Faith

Around six month later, a lot had happened. Thanks to Daniel and General Hammond who had contributed to make clear and automatic the presidential amnesty regarding "behaviors induced by alien technologies" as well as their consequences, Jack O'neill was able to assume his paternity without facing court martial and Sam  decided to stay at the SGC.

However, if the Air force have had for a long time welcoming women in its ranks, the organization wasn't about to let one of them in the first line of combat while pregnant. So Sam kept on being a part of SG1, but as a civilian consultant same way as Daniel. Well, as long as the team leader allowed it (so not long). The colonel moved in with the former Major to "help her in the last weeks of her pregnancy".

No one had ever seen him that anxious, he stopped making jokes and behaved as if anything could brake his happy bubble anytime. Doctor Fraiser even became concerned but in the end he was exemplary during the delivery.

xxx

For the first time Teal'c and Daniel were visiting their friends and the new born. Teal'c was rocking the child, which was painting a pretty comical picture : a big and strong black Jaffa smiling at the tiny
 white baby in his arms. Said baby suddenly woke up screaming.

- Jaffa sensitivity... said O'neill ,who finally had his sense of humor back, taking his daughter.

- What's her name? asked Daniel

- Faith Carter O'neill, said Sam

- To symbolize hope? asked the linguist

- More destiny, said O'neill with a playful look

- Ending up here, explained Sam, despite the ridiculous probability to do so, knowing it's most certainly the case in other reality, you have to start to believe there is something else a play...

- My daughter, said O'neill, just one day old and she manages to reform the most Cartesian brain of the planet!

A.N/ That's it. I hope you liked it. Don't forget to tell me what you think!!