Chapter Nineteen

The sounds of the city made her feel homesick for the first time since she had left for Storybrooke and there she was, stuck in gridlock traffic two blocks from her childhood home. Regina reached over for Emma's hand, smiling at her and yet resisted the very urge to lean over and kiss her. She'd had a lot of time to think throughout the drive down from Boston, from what happened at the restaurant, the phone call with Ruby, and how Emma had nearly had an emotional breakdown at the side of the road before telling her she loved her.

But the one thing her mind kept going back to was when Henry had called her "Mommy Gina". It had come out of nowhere it seemed and she had been completely blown away at the sentiment. She knew she had become a big part of his life, but she had never imagined that he would call her anything other than "Gina", at least not until she and Emma had been together for quite some time. The adorable way he said it had melted her heart on the spot and she had leaned back into the back seat to cover his sweet, chubby cheeks with kisses until he had started crying from giggling too much.

"We there yet?" Henry asked for the hundredth time in the last twenty minutes they'd been stuck in traffic.

"Not yet, Henry," Regina replied as she glanced back at him. "We're stuck in traffic right now. We should be there soon."

"Now?"

"Henry," Emma said with a sigh. "Remember when I told you that soon doesn't mean now?"

"Oh."

Regina just smiled at the way Henry pouted before grabbing a hold of his blanket and shoving his thumb into his mouth with a huff. He was to be three years old in the spring, the end of March she faintly recalled from a conversation she'd had with Emma and Ruby at the station just over a week ago. While the traffic crept forward at what seemed like an inch at a time, Regina was growing more and more restless with every minute that passed. She inhaled sharply when Emma let go of her hand and placed it on her thigh where the hem of her dress ended.

She rubbed her hand over Emma's bare thigh, her thumb sweeping over her warm skin and she was so very tempted to slip her hand up under the hem of her dress since she knew that when Emma wore a dress, she usually didn't wear anything underneath. The very thought of that had her flush with arousal and her mind wandered just long enough for the car behind her to honk its horn when she didn't move with the rest of the traffic. She shook herself out of her stupor and focused on the road while allowing her hand to linger and her fingers to stroke over the soft warm skin of Emma's inner thigh for another moment before pulling her hand away.

Regina knew her thoughts were treading on a reckless path when she should be focused on the very fact that Gold had sent that teenager after them. She knew she should be vigilant to all that was happening around them at all times, but when it came to the blonde beauty that sat next to her, her thoughts always veered right back to her, and her thoughts were less than pure and innocent. It had her thinking of what she wanted to do the moment she could have some time alone with her beautiful lover and all of the things she wanted to do, from the way she wanted to kiss her and let her hands roam freely over her body, to make her feel nothing less than loved and worshipped completely.

Henry's babbling in the back seat quickly brought her back down to a sober-like reality, wiping all of those thoughts from her mind in an instant. Regina glanced at him in the review mirror before she followed the flow of traffic and when she reached a familiar alley, she made the turn down it, no longer willing to fight with the slow crawl of traffic through Brooklyn at the height of rush hour.

By the time Regina pulled up in the empty space just a door down from her childhood home, she couldn't control the rapid racing of her heart or the fear of how her mother would react to meeting Emma Swan for the first time. She had never brought home another woman to meet her parents, never finding it to be enough, to be worth it to bring said woman home to meet her parents. This was on an entirely different level and it was something she had never quite experienced before. She was beyond worried about how her mother would react. Cora was and always would be incredibly unpredictable.