Only two of the photographs showed Robert Gold inside the cannery, but almost in each and every single one Killian Jones was present and accounted for. Regina leaned back in the chair and pinched at the bridge of her nose. This whole investigation was about to take off on a whole different level and one she wasn't sure she was even ready for. She was just a city cop with ten years experience, and something on this level was something she had never been involved with before in her entire career. The fact that it was personal, because of Emma and Henry, it made it far more dangerous just to be involved than it would've if she'd approach it just as the sheriff and not as the sheriff and Emma Swan's lover.

"Hey."

Regina jumped at the sound of Emma's voice, yet she instantly relaxed when Emma's hands rubbed over her shoulders from behind her. She closed the file and turned to look at her with a smile, her hands reaching out to grasp at her hips and she pulled her down on her lap.

"Hey."

"It only took one story tonight," Emma said quietly as she straddled her thighs and ran her fingers slowly through Regina's hair, her short nails grazing along her scalp as her lips lingered just a hairsbreadth away. "And I was thinking..."

"Of?" Regina murmured a few seconds later, her fingers effortlessly dipping under Emma's shirt and along the warm, smooth skin of her hips and lower back. "What were you thinking of?"

"Finding out just how insatiable you truly are," Emma murmured unhurriedly, her lips capturing Regina's in a slow yet deep and passionate kiss. "Because," she pulled back from her suddenly, both of them gasping to catch a breath, "all I have been able to think about since we left your bed earlier has been about how much I want to...taste you."

"Who are you, Emma Swan?" Regina groaned, her hands moving down across Emma's back and down to grasp at her ass firmly. "Who are you and where have you been all my life?"

She bit her lip at the words that escaped past her lips, worrying of the impact they'd have, but Emma was too consumed within the moment, within her to hear the true meaning behind those very words. She too was all too consumed within the confines of Emma's lips and the desperation and need behind the kisses they shared.

"I'm yours," Emma murmured just as Regina chose that very moment to rise up from the chair, pulling Emma with her, strong but not quite strong enough to rise and lift her in her arms all at once. "I'm yours," she repeated, a ghost of a whisper. "As long as you'll have me."

Regina answered her with a kiss, one that was hard and deep and full of longing. Of passion. Of promise. Of love. She blindly led her out of the kitchen, her hands grasping as she forgot, quite literally, of everything else but her in that very moment. The clatter of the tacky scenic picture frames that hung just along the wall outside of the kitchen rattled loudly, yet Regina kissed her harder, deeper, hungry with insatiable need that nothing else other than taking Emma Swan as hers crossed her mind in that very moment.

In a move that took her by surprise completely, Emma swept her hands under the back of her thighs and lifted her into her arms, carrying her the few dozen steps from the bedroom door to the bed. Regina grunted softly when they collapsed on the bed together and she idly reached for her gun holstered to her belt, pulling it free just as Emma's lips claimed her own again. Blindly, consumed by lips upon her own, she placed her gun and her badge on the bedside table before taking control, rolling the beautiful blonde who had captured her heart and soul on to her back amongst a cluster of breathless giggles.

In just a handful of weeks, between all the shy and tentative kisses, that very moment between them was anything but. They kissed like old lovers reuniting after years apart, their hands grasping and caressing as neither could get enough of the other.