Emma nuzzled her nose against Regina's, feeling her smile just as she stole a quick kiss. Regina's hand swept up her back and to the nape of her neck, holding her right where she was to kiss her deeply. She couldn't not allow herself to be swept away in the moment and indulge in the sensual kiss, yet she hesitated because of her son that sat on the floor not even three feet away from them. It was Regina's reassuring rub of her fingers along the nape of her neck that encouraged her to relax just long enough to indulge in the kiss before Regina pulled back with a small smile dancing over her lips.

Neither moved for the next few hours and when Emma noticed that Henry had fallen asleep, she moved from Regina's lap. She gently picked her sleeping toddler up from the floor and carried him into his bedroom. He woke up just long enough for Emma to change him into his pajamas and get him to go to the bathroom before she tucked him into his bed and joined Regina back on the couch in the living room, not surprised to find two glasses of wine sitting on the coffee table.

They were kissing before Emma even sat down on the couch and she hiked up her dress a little and moved to straddle Regina's legs. They kissed deeply, hungrily, neither stopping until breathing became an issue for both, but after one quick breath, they were back to kissing passionately and Regina's hands skimmed up the outside of Emma's thighs, stopping when her fingertips reached the raised hem of her dress. Regina moaned against her lips and pulled back while stroking her thumbs over her thighs.

Emma saw the hesitation in her eyes and she placed a soft kiss to her lips before moving to sit on the couch next to her. She smiled and reached for both glasses of wine, handing Regina one and smiled at her once again. She smoothed down the hem of her dress and took a sip, swallowing hard when Regina's right hand fell on to her right knee and toyed with the edge of her dress.

"Can I ask you something because it's all I've been thinking of?" Regina asked and Emma nodded, taking another sip and watching as Regina lifted her glass and placed it on the small amount of space that there was between them on the couch. "Why would Henry tell me that he loves me?"

"He's a child, Regina. He says what he feels without holding back. It's just how he feels. We—we see you every day. You're a part of his life now. Of course he loves you."

"But it hasn't—it hasn't been very long."

"No," Emma said with a small shake of her head. "It hasn't, but it feels so much longer than it's been, doesn't it? Why is that?"

"I—I don't know," Regina murmured, her eyes glancing down at her hand that was on top of Emma's knee. "I wish I knew."

"Me too."

"I—I meant it when I—I told him I loved him too," she whispered and Emma smiled, taking one more sip of her wine before placing the glass on the table. She reached for Regina's and placed it next to hers and turned to face her. "He's such a sweet boy."

"He is."

"He has such a loving heart," Regina continued.

"Just like his mother," she smiled and she reached up to tuck a few strands of hair behind Regina's ear and trailed her fingertips down her jaw and under her chin, turning her head up so their eyes met halfway. "Regina, I—"

"Emma, don't," Regina stopped her. "It's far too soon."

"That's not what I was going to say," Emma laughed lightly and she saw the tension ease up as she dropped her hand from Regina's chin. "I wanted to tell you that I am so glad you're my neighbor, my friend," she said quietly. "I cannot imagine my life in Storybrooke without you."

There was a sense of urgency when their lips met again and Emma could taste the red wine on Regina's lips and tongue. She lightly traced her fingers down Regina's right arm, stopping as she placed a hand over hers, encouraging her touch, to slide her hand under the hem of her dress, to tell her without words that it was okay to touch, to explore, to take things one step further.