"I'm sober," he protested, all the while he swayed on his feet and grasped on to the bars to steady himself. "Let me go, Bobby. I'll sleep it off in my own damn bed. Tell you what, I'll even let you take me home and sing me a lullaby to sleep if that's what it takes!"

"Bobby Gold, deputy sheriff," the brown haired man with the shaggy moustache said as he extended a hand towards Regina, one that she hesitantly shook. "Leroy here is a regular."

"I'm a regular because you target me, you fucking asshole!"

Bobby shook his head and gently guided Regina towards the small, glass encased office just off to the side. "Ignore him. He's a regular here. One might think this cell is his second home."

"You're a daddy's boy, riding on the coattails of the mayor," Leroy slurred as he gripped the bars tighter until his knuckles went white. "You only got power cos daddy says so, you little fucking privileged piece of shit."

"Back off," Regina said as she snapped and grabbed a hold of Bobby by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the nearest wall. "Drunk or not, you will speak to him with respect and professionalism. Seeing how I am now your boss, I do have a say whether or not you continue to be a part of the department."

"You have no say whether I'm a part of this department or not," Bobby said through clenched teeth, his face red with anger. "My father will not permit this to happen."

"We'll see," Regina smirked as she grabbed the keys she guessed were for the cell and selected one. "I am the Sheriff, Bobby, and the only orders you shall follow will be mine. Beyond that, yes, your father will have a say, but for right now?" She sauntered towards him with a self-satisfied smirk promptly displayed. "You answer to me. You disregard my authority and I'll have your ass handed to you in federal court. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Did this man do anything else regarding breaking the law, Deputy?"

"No, ma'am."

Regina smiled at the short, balding man as she selected a key and tried it. When the lock clicked open, she pulled open the door to the cell and the man stumbled out with a grateful, relieved smile on his face.

"Take a good look around, sister," Leroy whispered to her. "It stinks of corruption in this town."

"Deputy," she said over her shoulder, ignoring the still intoxicated man. "Take him home and make sure that he gets inside safely, please."

Regina escorted the two out of the station, watching from the back door that opened to the small parking lot while Bobby Gold put the man in the back of one of the three cruisers in the lot. Once they were off, she headed back inside and was genuinely surprised to find she wasn't alone once again. A tall, skinny woman wearing shorts so short they could barely be legal was sitting behind the dispatcher's desk sipping from a Styrofoam cup.

"You must be the new sheriff," she said with a smile. "Ruby Lucas, dispatcher."

"I'm Regina Mills," Regina replied with a smile and an outstretched hand. They shook each other's hand firmly and she stepped back. "Have you worked here long?"

"Only since I graduated high school, so about eight years now."

"Perfect, you can show me around the station then, help me get my bearings," Regina replied and watched at the woman gasped and nodded as she jumped up from her chair.

The tour of the station was rather quick and Regina made notes on a small pad of paper as they went along. Ruby was friendly with a bright, bubbly personality. After she'd finished her coffee, she popped a piece of pink bubble gum that she proceeded to chomp on loudly while she conducted the rest of the tour around the station. It ended in the small office in the corner, the walls made of glass and covered with blinds that were open.