Chapter 1 - Vacation!

The bell rang and chairs scraped against the floor, causing a mixture of noises to echo off the walls. Makoto smiled as his close friend Haruka stood as well, grabbing his belongings and putting them in his bag. His eyes found Nagisa and Rei standing outside the door, waiting on them. The two seemed to be deep in a conversation, to which Rei was arguing back at him.

Makoto chuckled as he walked out of the classroom, all four of them heading to the pool for a club meeting. Gou usually met them there, as she was on the other side of the school. Makoto just laughed beside his friends, listening to them talk, which was mostly Nagisa.

Reaching the pool, Gou was nowhere to be seen, so they decided to just change into their suits, except for Haruka who was already wearing his. He stripped quickly and dove right into the water. Sighing, he followed the others into the changing room and went to his locker.

“Haru! Get out of the water. I haven’t said what I need to!” Gou’s voice was muffled from the building, but everything she was saying was clear. Makoto hurried and walked back out, curious as to what was going on. She usually just ignored Haruka because she knew it was hopeless. “Boys, hurry and get out here!” She smiled at Makoto, but her eyes narrowed at the building. Rei and Nagisa stumbled out, like they were pushing each other in a rush.

“What’s wrong?” Makoto stood next to her, and she looked up at him, smiling. He raised an eyebrow but decided it was better to just wait.

Gou’s hands went behind her back and she paced in front of them. Eyeing each of them, she stopped and nodded. “We are going on vacation. Summer is almost to an end, and I think we should all go to the beach. Or somewhere fun.”

“Oh a vacation!” Nagisa smiled and moved toward her. “What about an amusement park?”

Rei stepped forward, his hand up to his glasses. “Or we could go to both. I’m sure we’ll have enough time and it wouldn’t cost that much.”

“That’s the next thing I wanted to talk about. Everything will have to come out of our pockets, so I hope that would be alright with all of you.” She looked between them all, to which they all nodded. She smiled and gave a thumbs-up. “Great! My brother and I are going to split what we have, so then we should be safe for money.”

Makoto creased his brows and looked at Haruka, but then back to Gou. “Rin is coming along?”

“Ah, yes I’m sorry I asked him to come along. I thought it wouldn’t be fair if I went to the beach without him.” Her cheeks tinted a light shade and she lowered her head.

Makoto was going to apologize, but Haruka beat him to it. “It’s fine, he can come.”

The girls eyes lit up and she smiled widely. “Okay!” Grabbing her whistle that hung around her neck, she blew into it and pointed at the pool. “Now get to training!”

 “Gou, why don’t you ever go swimming with us?” Nagisa leaned forward, his hands behind his back, head tilted to the side.

Makoto’s eyes grew and his face grew warm. What was this strange feeling? Gou was blushing, her expression irritated and she crossed her arms. He called to his short friend and shook his head. “Nagisa, you can’t ask that, it’s rude.” He pulled himself out of the water and hurried over to the two, wanting to stop the boy from saying anymore.

Nagisa took her hands and pulled her around. “I’m sure Gou would look cute in a bathing suit!” He stuck out a finger and smirk. “I bet everyone else wants to see.”

“It’s Kou!” She snapped at him, ripping her hands free. “And I won’t put a bathing suit on for you!”

He leaned forward, a devious smile of his lips and a glint in his eyes. “You will wear one when we go to the beach, right Gou?”

She nodded furiously and watched as he smiled childishly again and hurry off into the pool. Makoto placed a hand on her shoulder, leaning down to be face to face. “Kou, are you alright?”

Smiling, she nodded again. “Yes, thank you.” Her eyes met his and she froze. Cringing away, she blew her whistle again. “Okay guys! That’s enough for today, we’ll all meet up tomorrow!” She waved and turned, hurrying away.

Makoto was confused, wondering what he did. He watched her go and placed his hand on his hip. Of course it wasn’t him, Nagisa probably just scared her. Sighing, he turned to his friends, who stopped swimming and were watching her as well.