Breaking Them Up :::9::::

Depuis le début

“He’s cute” I say in my most ditzy voice “Are you to, like, dating?”

It’s a little scary how good I am at this.

If she was a cat, she’d be fluffed up and spitting. “Yes”

“Oh” I put on a thoughtful face “Like, for a long time?”

“Yes” she growls again. I imagine her with fangs and an unsettled tail.

“Okay” Seth says, coming abck over to us “The taxi is on its way”

I put on my best ‘damsel in distress’ look. “How long do you think it’ll take? I’m scared”

Karen scoffs behind him, But Seth seems to think my fear is unsuspicious. “Oh, don’t worry” he sooths, taking care of those around him programmed somewhere under the blond skull “He won’t come back I don’t think. Sick creeps like that go after people who are alone”

“Oh” I touch a finger to my bottom lip “So I should stay close to you?” I inch closer and drape myself over his arm “Like this”

Looking a little awkward, but undisturbed, he nods “If it makes you feel better, sure”

Karen’s eyebrows shot up, before furrowing down, like she couldn’t believe it.

When the cab arrived I hesitated. I needed to get them more conflicted. I had to make Karen jealous to the point of fury. “Can I sit in the middle?” I plea “It’d make me feel better….”

“Of course” Does noone see why Seth is the more perfect guy? Ever?

We all piled in and as the taxi driver eased the car out I leaned into Seth. It felt weird, knowing he had no idea it was my head on his chest. He thought I was some stranger. I closed my eyes and savoured the moment for what it was worth, before getting back to work.

“You really are so kind…” I smile shyly up at Seth.

“Oh for fucks sake…” Karen muttered.

“Excuse me?” I look over at her sharply.

“Would you stop? If you didn’t notice, you just ruined our date”

My lips part in false shock “I-I did?!” I turn to frnaticlaly search Seth’s face, before covering my mouth with both hands “Oh god, I did” I sob “I’m so sorry”

Seth’s eyes overflwo with guilt “No, Sarah, it’s not your fault” he puts an arm comfortingly around my shoulder “Karen didn’t mean that, did you?” he gives her a pointed look, but she seems pissed at him now.

“What the hell Seth? You’re acting like shes the one you just took out”

“Karen, your being ridiculous, just stop”

“Please guys, don’t fight on my behalf” and the osacar goes to..

“Whatever” Karen snarls “Pull over” she tells the cab driver.

“No. what are you doing?” Seth and her exchange a meaningful look.

“I’m getting out.” she states, and as the car slows, she opens her door “I’ll see you on Monday”

“Karen wait, how will you-” she slams the door, cutting him off and making him wince.

I bury my face in my hands “This is all my fault. I’m such an idiot”

Seth takes a moment to process that I’ve spoken “Huh?”

“I’m sorry” I reply. Though Karen’s not here and it’s no longer necessary I lean into him again.

He sighs. I know that this made up character ‘Sarah’ is beginning to annoy him, but he doesn’t say anything, silently looking out the window until we arrive at the house that is neither mine nor Kyles, but one of his friends whose family is on vacation.

“Thank you” I tell Seth well stepping out of the taxi “Maybe I’ll see you again sometime?”

“Yeah, maybe” his frustration is beginning to drip into his tone “Bye”

“Bye” I close the door and watch as the yellow cab continuo’s down the road.

Moments later, Kyle steps out from where he’d been hidden in the shadows. His face is blank, but that’s not new. The bubble of excittment that hass steadily been building since they began to bicker finally has someone to burst onto “Hey!” I hurry over to him “It worked!”

“That’s great” the words and smiel seem a little forced, but I’m to excited to really care.

“Yeah, she was so pissed she got out of the car!” I laugh “It was hilarious”

Then, on impulse, I put my hand in the air for a high-five. He stares for a moment, then, rejecting the friendly gesture, grabs my chin and tilts it upwards. When our lips meet it feels warm, and rough, and right. But it doesn’t feel like a simple kiss between friends with benefits.

Somehow, I melt into it anyways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long, that was unnessary, but my mood has been terrible and I think my depression is coming back which scares the shit out of me, and noone is talking to me when I try to reach out and my sister is going back to college today and I went downstairs to say bye and she called me annoying and said I had no friends so I retorted 'don't put on anymore weight well your away' and then my parents started screaming at ME.

Happy thanksgiving, right?

Please leave a comment :( (about the story, you can comment on my personal life to, but I wanna know what you thought of the CHAPTER)