Breaking Them Up :::9::::

Start from the beginning

“Because.. It’s such a waste!” thank god I’m god at coming up with thigns on the spot “Any other girl would want to have you-and who needs people in their lives who are so ready to leave. It’s no reason to take it out on yourself. Please. Don’t” I beg.

He stares at me silently. “You’re an angel..” he whispers after a moment.

It’s only then that I remember I’m dressed as a chick. He steps down of the ledge and makes his way over to me, a hand coming out to touch my cheek. I step back, feeling awkward as hell. I’m gay, but that doesn’t mean I want a random suicidal boy coming onto me. “Thank you..”

His sentimental gratitude is cut off though, by two sets of footsteps and farmilliar voices chatting idolly accompanied by laughter. Seth and Karen. Suicide boy here made me forget! I whip out my phone from my purse and send the message to text, before grabbing Mr. depression’s hand and dragging him along behind me to the original spot.

“Listen to me” I hiss at him “I’m really happy you’re not dead, but I’m doing something incredibly important right now and you have to leave” I give him a shove but he plants his feet. I hear Seth and Karen halfway across the bridge and cringe. “Please?!”

He looks at me sadly “Okay, but please, what’s your name?”

“Sarah” the rehearsed name me and Kyle came up with slides straight off my lips.

He nods and takes my hands for a moment, squeezing them “Thank you Sarah”

“Shoo!” hopefully he’s far enough away he doesn’t react when I call from help…

A moment after he’s out of sight, Seth and Karen have crossed the bridge. On perfect cue, Kyle rushes from the alley wearing his sweat suit with the hood up and snatching at my purse.I gas in fake startlement and let out a yelp, not to loud, but loud enough “Help! Please help!”

Almost as if rehearsed, Seth tells Karen to stya where she is and rushes forward. Kyle-cast as the cowardly theif-takes off running. Seth pursues him for a moment, running past me, but Kyle is quick and slips downa narrow road. Seth, already falling behind, stops realizing theres no point.

“Shit…” he curses, out of breath. He jogs back to where I’ve already began to fake cry. “are you okay?”

“No!” I wail, throwing myself into his embrace. Okay-maybe I liked my role a little to much, but this was the entire point. To make Karen jealous. “I snuck out of the house to meet some friends and they ditched me…and that man just stole my purse which had all my money and my phone…”

“Sounds like you’ve had a rough night” he puts a sympathetic hand on my shoulder. “Look, we were going to take a taxi home and you can join us if you like. Where do you live?”

I give him the adress me and Kyle agreed we’d meet up at. “I’m Sarah by the way” my false eyelashes flutter at him just as Karen, deciding there is no real danger, catches up. She eyes me wearily, like shes annoyed I’m flirting with her date but knows shes in no position to call me on it.

“Seth whats going on. Shes fine now, lets go” Karen’s arms fold aggressively over her chest.

“We can’t just leave her babe. It’s the middle of the night and she has no way home” you can always count on Seth’s good nature in the end. He’d rather have Karen hate him for life then leave a poor down on her luck girl to fend for herself. “We’ll just call the cab now”

Karen, her good date mood sucked dry, leans against the railing like a had a while before hand as Seth walks a little ahead of us. I twirl a piece of the wig around my finger, popping my hip to the side a little as a I often saw slutty girls do. If only I had some gum to chew, I’d be the most obnoxious victim in history.