I wrote that one down.

"Oh wait. But what if the psychic tells her she's going to get divorced or something."

I scratched a double line through it.

"Limo? Maybe. Poker Night? No. That would mean it's only the five of us, and we don't really even know each other."

I started doodling on the brainstorming paper. Mrs. Jake Hall, I wrote. Mrs. Josie Hall. Mrs. Josephine Hall.

Good lord, what am I doing? I've got to start reading that Disaster Diary. I pulled it out and read over my first few entries. Boy did it work. I shoved my doodle page back into my purse with the diary.

"Okay, back to it. Maybe something formal, more like a Bridal Shower? No. Too boring."

I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Then it struck me. Yes! That's it!

I hit the reply button on the email.

Hi Emma, Josie McMaster here.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to pitch in on your very special occasion. (No harm doing a little sucking up, right?) I would like to throw my hat into the Bachelorette Party idea ring with the following:

Pampering Paradise Party Plan:

1. Find awesome island paradise location which includes a pampering spa and lots of places to party.

2. Invite all your friends.

3. Take off for a long weekend.

4. Hit the bars and dance all night long.

5. Hit the beach and relax.

6. Hit the spa and rejuvenate.

7. Fly home feeling completely enchanted and refreshed.

Hope this helps, and starts some ideas flowing. If you want some help finding a great spot, please let me know, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can.

Your Bridesmaid,

Josie McMaster

I had been so immersed in my email that I hadn't even noticed Mattie sneaking into my cubicle or hovering over my shoulder.

"Ooh, that should put you in the running," he said.

"Jesus Mattie," I yelled, nearly jumping right out of my chair. "What the hell!"

He backed off, putting his hands in front of himself defensively. "Whoa, sorry honey. I thought you knew I was here."

I took several deep breaths and tried to get my heart to stop beating so fast. "It's okay. You just scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry," he said again.

"So, you like the idea?"

"Yeah, I think she'll love it. She can invite all her famous friends and the paparazzi will show up for sure."

"Really? You think they would fly all the way out to some island just to get a few pictures of Emma's Bachelorette party?"

"Of course they would. This Bridesmaid Lotto is the hottest thing in town," he said. "I'm watching updates every night on Entertainment News. They've got the exclusive inside look at all the wedding related events."

"Really? No wonder everyone is walking around looking at me so weird."

"You're a star gorgeous. And apparently one of the front runners in the 'who's going to land Jake Hall' betting circle."