I missed you.

"Link, are you alright?"

The pair of heroes were resting aloft at Link's home back in Ordon for a bit of homesick nature and a need for a rest.

Midna was concerned over him ever since he pulled the Blade of Evil's Bane from it's pedestal.

"Link, answer me!" Midna snapped at him, the boy's eyes fluttering in surprise.

"S-Sorry.." Link responded, pushing his hair beside. It was rather long when his hat was removed. "Was just thinking.."

Midna floated up to him, particles of the Twilight following from under her feet. "About what?"

Link's bright, cyan gems of eyes glistened from the sunlight escaping inside from the rounded window upstairs. "I-It's nothing.. Don't worry Midna, I'm alright."

The imp could see in his eyes that he was lying. She maybe smaller than her true form, but she was still a diplomatic ruler of a Realm, a princess. She wasn't an idiot. "Link.."

The boy sighed, standing from the chair he'd been sat in for the past two hours. Dusting off his regular outfit of white, he climbed up to his bed via the ladder.

Midna floated up to his bed, the princess sitting next to his still, breathing body. "Link.. Please tell me what's troubling you.."

Suddenly, she was taken into by Link's strong embrace. She was a bit eased, but then she witnessed something she never thought she would.

Link was crying.

The Hero of Light, the man with the Triforce of Courage, was in need of comfort ."I-I missed you.." He softly wrapped his arms around her, stroking her hair as he softly sobbed.

Midna took everything into consideration. She remembers the one night..

-----In the Past...-----

"L-Link.." Midna spoke, softly but in pain. She was dying from the exposure to light. Link was rushing as fast as he could to get her to safety, to Zelda. She could help.

His paws scraped against the soft surface of Hyrule's grass and soil, his animal reflexes allowing the wolf to dodge Bokoblin arrows being shot by the archers.

At times he would have to dash up to one and pin them, ripping them until they were nothing but a dust cloud of darkness. He would apologize, but would only hear her steady breathing, as she struggled to hold onto Link.

Dashing itself worried him. She always yelp in pain, even if she know Link was doing it to get her to Zelda as fast as he could. If he could have cried then, he would've. But Courage helped him.

Courage wasn't here for him now.

"L-Link.." Midna looked up to him, pushing aside his hair. Tears were forming in her bright orange eyes as well as she held onto him.

The boy looked to her, holding her close. He felt happy with her by his side. Midna got close to him and rested her head against his, cupping his cheeks with her small hands.

"I missed you too.."

//Author's Note\\

I know, it's short ;-; But I hope you enjoyed! :3