Tristin starts screaming. "I'm here, let me in!" Then he takes both hands and starts knocking really hard.

A tired looking Kalise opens the door and reaches out for Tristin's little arms. "Hey, little guy," she greets him.

Tristin wraps his arms around Kalise's neck. "Did you miss me, Kalise? Don't worry, I'm back just like I always am," he reassures her then looks at me and waves. "Bye, uncle Kale! I love you!"

I reach out and pinch Tristin's little cheek. "I love you too, buddy. Be a good boy today."

Kalise sets Tristin on the ground and he wraps his arms around my leg and smiles. "I'm always good, uncle Kale."

Kalise clears her throat and looks at me. "Yeah, he's like a little angel," she says, patting Tristin on the butt. "Go upstairs and wake Luna up."

He looks at us both before taking off up the stairs.

I can't help but notice how beautiful Kalise looks, even after just getting out of bed. I reach out and grab her hand. "Thank you so much for taking care of him. I know he can be a handful."

Her face turns red as I squeeze her soft hand. "Yeah... no problem; he's a good kid."

I look her in the eye and smile. "Seriously?"

She pulls her hand away and starts laughing. "Okay, not really. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out." She looks down at the ground and shrugs her shoulder. "I really care about him though. I've been taking care of him for a few years now."

I scanned her up and down before turning to walk away. "Well, he's one lucky guy to have someone as beautiful as you for a babysitter. I don't think I would ever want to go home."

She just stares at me with a red face as I jump back in the car.

Brendon jumps when I slam the door shut. "What? Where are we?" he says worriedly as he looks around really fast, before he lies back down in the seat. "Dang it, man, I was having a good dream."

I can tell that Brendon is going to be a pain in the ass today. I already feel like I babysit him all of the time. We've been partners for two years now, and I've been saving his ass, waking up to him sleeping in my house and too many other things to even count. I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. "Don't worry man, I'll wake you up when we get there."

He just nods his head and covers his face.

~~~

When we arrived at the station, Brendon was sleeping like a baby. I remembered that I have a blow horn in the backseat, so I grabbed it and jump out of the car, holding the horn near the window and I blew it.

Brendon jumped up and started screaming like a little girl. He looked around, lost for a minute, and then gave me a dirty look. "What the hell, man?" He jumps out of the car and follows me inside.

Everyone's eyes were on us as we walked in. The chief of police walked over to us and looked us up and down. "You boys look like crap. Go get dressed - I have a job for you guys to take care of." Oh great. I know that look. He smiles at Brendon and gives him a high five. "Prostitute on Denton St."

Brendon ran to the locker room. "Yes... I love prostitutes!"

I watch him as he pretty much skips away like a child. Is everyone I know childish? I swear I don't know how anything gets done around here. I slowly follow him to the locker room and change into my uniform. I grab the keys and give Brendon a serious look. "I'm driving, and you better take this seriously."

He follows me outside and we jump in my police car. "Dude, when don't I take things serious?"

I'm not going to answer that, I'm not going to answer that...!

I bite my tongue and drive us over to Denton St. It's pretty common for us to get calls about prostitutes on Denton; Brendon's favorite call is for a prostitute disturbance. He starts dancing in his seat and pulls out his cuffs. "You're under arrest," he mimicked. He shakes his head and looks in the mirror. "I said you're under arrest; now put a lock on those panties."

I ignore him as we pull up next to the prostitute. We both get out as she is harassing a little old couple. "Oh, come on, you know you want this. I will give you a discount," she purrs as she bends down in front of them with her dress going up to reveal her thong and starts shaking her ass. She looks over at us as we approach them. "Damn, you guys again..."

Brendon looks at her and smiles. "Hi, Saline," he salutes.

She looks him up and down while licking her nasty dry lips. "Hey, big guy, did you miss me?"

I don't even give him time to answer. I push him over to the old couple. "Talk to them and I will take care of her."

He gives me a serious look before walking over to talk to the disturbed couple. I swear, they have to be about sixty years old.

I put Saline against the car and pull out the cuffs. "You already know the drill, Saline. Why are you still selling yourself for money?" I asked her rhetorically as Brendon ran over and opened the back door. "Dude, she's got to make her money somehow."

Saline looks up at us as we put her in the back. "Yeah, pretty boy - listen to this guy."

I look at Brendon as we get in the car and take off, back to the station. "Don't encourage her, you idiot," I warn. I swear, this guy is a total moron.

Saline jumps up when we go past a pizza place. "I'm hungry, can we stop for pizza?"

I look back at her and shake my head. "No."

Brendon throws his arms up. "Oh, come on! Why not? I'm hungry too."

Then Saline joins in, "Yeah, pretty boy, we're hungry."

"I said no. We're on a job here, and that job is not to take the prostitute out for pizza," I yell at them both.

Brendon looks back at Saline. "Hey, I tried." Then he turns back around. "Can we stop after we drop her ass off?"

I look in the mirror as Saline gives me a dirty look. "Hell yeah we can."