Chapter Twenty-Six

Camille Syanna

If you're not ready for the pain, then don't seek pleasure because roses come with thorns, and thorns draw blood. 

I smiled at the beautiful arrangement of fresh red roses I just finished making. I took off my gloves and fished out my phone from my apron pocket. ZA hadn't called yet, but he left me three messages, of which he was telling me that he was on his way to pick me up. 

It was almost five in the afternoon, and I was about to clock out. Binalingan ko si Tina na nagliligpit na rin ng ilan sa aming mga display. We were both excited to go home and call it a day when the door chimed. I thought it was ZA, but I thought wrong.

"Hello again," Zanti smiled at both Tina and me.

I rolled my eyes when I saw how kilig na kilig si Tina sa side. Hah! I used to be like her. Fortunately, I was over it. 

"How may we help you, Zanti?" I asked, walking up to him. 

"You look prettier today, Camsy." He was starting to sweet-talk me into doing him another favor. I knew the like. 

"Yeah, my boyfriend already told me that this morning." Matamis ko siyang nginitian. "Let's cut to the chase, Zanti. You still hadn't convinced that girl to sleep with you. Had you?"

Zanti chuckled, shoving his hands inside the front pockets of his jeans. "Okay, first, I already had her. I just couldn't have her again. Second, yeah, you're right. She's playing hardball."

"Poor you," I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not really sure throwing her dozens of flowers could get you to bed her again, but it's good for my business. So, there's an arrangement I just made at the table over there. Have at it."

"You're always a blessing, Camsy," he grinned and walked toward the table to check.

It was a simple arrangement of a hundred long-stemmed red roses and lush greenery inside a classic cylinder vase. Zanti seemed to like it. "That's a twenty thousand arrangement, Zanti, plus tax."

"I don't care," he smirked and slipped a black credit card from his wallet. "Throw some custom mylars too,"

Tina took his card and guided him to the counter. 

"We don't have custom mylars. Send her happy birthday or how you doin'," I told him. "If she watches Friends, she'll get what you mean."

The door chimed again, and this time, my man walked in. He looked irresistible in a navy blue blazer and cream chinos. ZA attended an important event this morning on behalf of Red. It has something to do with the launch of Galileo, Red's all-electric car. 

"Hey, handsome," I smiled and greeted him.

"Hey yourself," ZA walked up to me and grabbed me by the waist for a sweet peck on my lips. "How was your day?"

"Tiring," when he was around, I just wanted to act like his baby. "Can you take me home, please?"

"Don't you want to grab dinner first?" He asked.

He could be my dinner. I wouldn't mind.

ZA was quick to read what I was thinking. He shook his head and grinned. "You need real food, darling."

I couldn't get enough of him. I was tired and sore but I didn't care. I always want ZA.

"Hey, darling," Zanti hollered from the counter where he settled his bill, making his presence known to ZA. His calling me darling was his way of mocking my boyfriend. "Thanks again for helping me today."

"Always welcome, Zanti." I turned to him and smiled with contempt. Clearly, he intended to get on ZA's nerves. I could feel him winning. "Now go and get lost,"