Chapter 29

It's a week until graduation and it's been about 3 months since the incident at the top of the abandoned building with Art. Art and I remained friends, it took him a while to trust me again after the whole Peter thing but I can understand. We continued being partners for photography and Mr. B's class, and Art even sits with Asia, Frankie, Jude, Peter and I sometimes. Sam was locked up about a month ago and he has lost all his connections, people stopped following his plan and started making their own. Tyga is pregnant and I was invited to the baby shower! She's excited and that's what matters. Peter and Asia are distancing from each other for a while so they aren't as heartbroken for when Asia gets to New York for film school. Frankie and Jude are staying around to help a few of their favorite teachers... And also because they have to do a couple months of community service after being caught drinking and driving. My mom and Javier broke up and I was actually a little sad, but they're still friends. Javier is back with his ex wife and they're expecting another child. Aqua and Onyx are still close and I don't hear much from either of them but I know they're doing well.

"So," Asia says with a smile. "Today is our last day! We have a week to piss around and then we get all gussied up and get our diplomas!" I laugh and shake my head. "What are we all gonna do?"

"Actually-" Art butts in, "Opal and I are going on a trip." I give him a confused look.

"We are?" He nods. "Where?"

"It's a secret. But if you want to, you guys can come along." Frankie and Jude groan. "We'll it's not my fault you two are out. Asia? Peter?" They look at each other and smile.

"It's probably best if you guys go alone." Peter says with a smile.

"Opal can't keep us all in line. She has a hard enough time with you Art." Art smiles at Asia's response.

"Fair enough." The bell rings and we all stand up.

"You guys go ahead. I need to go to my locker." Peter says with a smile. Art and I walk to Mr. B's class slowly.

"So, after this trip I know nothing about and graduation, what are you wanting to do?" I ask.

"Well, I think the better question to ask is what do you want to do?" I bite my lip and shrug. "Not too sure. Maybe move back to my hometown. Attend the community college or something." Art nods. "Can I ask you another question?"

"Is it as stupid as the first?" I smack him with a smile.

"Don't be fucking rude." He laughs. "After all this time, you've never told me something that made me lose my mind." Art raises an eyebrow. "What is my tell?" He laughs and shakes his head.

"I can't tell you-"

"Then you'd try to hide it and shit." I groan. "You're mean." Art laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"I'll tell you eventually." We walk into Mr. B's classroom to see notes posted to the mirrors. Everyone is gathered around them. I walk over and see everyone has at least one with their names written on it. Art and I grab ours and we read them.

'Opal, you don't understand how much of an honor it was to be your teacher this year. You've changed a lot around her and have grown as a person. I've told you before that Arthur reminds me a lot of myself, one thing I never told you is that you remind me of my wife. She saved my life and made me a better person like you did for Arthur. I know you are wanting to move on and be happy. But stay with Arthur for as long as you can. You both help each other in amazing ways. Do you think it was just a coincidence you both danced together in sync?!' I can't help but laugh. 'There is something special between you both but who am I to play match maker. It's been an honor and a blessing to have you part of my life Opal. You are indeed one of the most beautiful gemstones ever seen.' I smile and hold the more close to my heart.