8. bionic birthday fail

Start from the beginning

"congratulations honey! that is amazing!" davenport said as he hugged his wife.

"thank you, but the awards banquet is on the same night as leo's birthday. i'm sorry honey. i'm gonna miss it. if i don't show up, i'm afraid they're going to give my award to that over dramatic screen hog, linda montierrez." tasha said sadly.

"it's okay, mom. go have fun. you deserve it." leo said to tasha, and she gave him a sad smile. bree grabbed leo's arm, and dragged him over to the four of us.

"i thought she was going to throw you a party?! i was promised a party!" bree exclaimed to leo.

"every year, she comes up with this lame excuse to make me think she's not throwing a party. award? please, have you seen her reporting?" leo asked.

"leo, are you sure you're not mad? we've never been apart on your birthday." tasha asked leo again as she walked back over to us.

"oh please! he'll have plenty of birthdays, but who knows if you'll ever win anything again!" adam said as he placed his hands in leo's shoulders, and we all gave him a look.

"mom, go get your award *cough-chocolate frosting-*cough." leo said to her.

"i promise that we will celebrate the following night." tasha promised leo.

since i've been around the dooley's for a long time, i know tasha just as much as i know leo. tasha is not a good actress, but she seemed pretty serious about this. she's either not making this up, or has taken very advanced acting classes.

"hey, why haven't we ever had a birthday party?" bree asked mr. davenport. tasha, leo, and i looked at him in shock.

"donald! you've never celebrated their birthdays?" tasha asked in disbelief.

"does it surprise you? who are we kidding." i pointed out when i got confused on why i was so shocked. davenport gave me a look before turning back towards tasha.

"of course i have celebrated their birthdays! remember when we... when we went to the... yeah, i've never celebrated their birthdays." he tried to cover up but failed as usual.

"did you also eat all the cookies before santa came down the chimney?" tasha asked him. adam, bree, and chase all looked confused.

"what's santa?" bree asked disappointingly. why am i not surprised?

"oh, come on!" tasha said angrily at davenport and she walked to the elevator.

"why would you give him cookies?" davenport asked her as he followed behind her.

"this is going to be the best birthday ever! the size of the party is equal to the size of the excuse. i'm going to go work on my surprised face!" leo said as he started to walk off. he turned around before giving us a very dramatic surprised face. he gave us a smile and got onto the elevator.

"woohoo! leo's having a surprise party!" adam said to the three of us excitedly.

"adam, if leo was having a surprise party, don't you think we would be invited?" chase asked him.

"yeah, you're right. who does tasha think she is not inviting us?!" adam asked in disgust. chase had noticed the same thing i did, and it made me feel so bad for leo. he was getting excited for something that wasn't even going to happen.

"no, tasha and davenport really are going to an awards ceremony. leo isn't going to get a party." i explained sadly.

"this is horrible! leo is going to be so disappointed." bree said sadly.

"unless, we throw him a surprise party and invite everyone from school!" chase said. that's actually wasn't a bad idea.

"what do we know about throwing a surprise party?" bree asked.