Chapter Eighteen

" I want to see my son."

"I'm afraid that isn't possible right - "
"I demand to see my son!"

"Hold your tongue, Lucius! Draco is unstable right now, it is not wise - "

"You filthy old fool, you have no right to keep me from seeing him."

"Lucius, Albus, Minerva," Snape cut through the argument smoothly in his usual bored drawl, " with all due respect, I've got potions to brew. It may be the best to bring the boy here as to not cause a stir."

"Yes, yes, Severus, but Draco is perfectly alright under Pot- uh, Poppy's eye." Minerva fumbled. Snape glared at a wall and Lucius turned to Severus.

"Bring him here. I'll wait in the corridor." Snape's lip curled in disgust at the Malfoy's blatant order and looked at Dumbledore. The old man blinked slowly, eyes filled with resignation through his half moon spectacles. Snape spun around and stalked out of the Headmaster's office, dignity keeping his head high but fully aware of his relatively childish behavior.

What was the world coming to?

"Adius Aniia." He muttered to the Fat Lady as he reached the Gryffindor tower. The portrait huffed at his rudeness but swung open nonetheless.

The common room went silent.

"Where is Potter and Malfoy?" He drawled monotonously. The two stepped forward from a far corner.

"Come with me. Bring you cloak. We've ourselves a guest." The potions Master didn't miss the look on Draco's face as the colour drained from it, but looked away as Harry touched the blond's wrist and murmured reassuringly. Draco's eyes cast downwards as the Potter boy ran to get his cloak, the stick of a lollipop hanging from Draco's mouth.

"Come on, it's okay. I'm here with you." Harry murmured as when he came back and the two followed the professor out.

"Is it my father?" Draco's voice held no emotion, but his white knuckles clutching Harry's hands gave it away.

*a few hours earlier.*

"Draco?" Harry called out. " You've got a letter. I think it's your mother's owl." Draco moved quicker than he had in a week and untied the letter, not bothering to give Adirius a petting as that particular owl had no care for affection. The owl hooted and watched Harry through wide eyes.

"Harry." Draco's voice shook and he dropped the envelope. Harry peered over his shoulder to read the letter.

You should be more careful about who you send your letters to, Draco./ I'll be visiting soon to sort this out.

Your father, Lucius Malfoy.

"I put everything in that letter. Us. Vampires. Veela. He knows it all." Draco's voice cracked into a whisper and his eyes stared wide and stricken at Harry, who had frozen in shock.

Harry rumbled a growl. "He won't hurt you, I won't let him."

Draco had bristled. "I can take care of myself against him."

"I know you can." Harry nuzzled his face into the blond's neck, who didn't protest and he threw the letter out of the still-open window.

"Yes." Snape answered after a moment's hesitation. Draco drew a deep breath and nodded.

"Potter, you are not to interfere with whatever happens; you are merely moral support and if needed, proof." Professor Snape drilled as the three of them strode towards Dumbledore's office. Harry threw his cloak over his shoulders and drew his hood down, but occasionally brushed Draco's side to remind the stoic-looking Slytherin that he was there.
"Draco, do not mention the potions incident." Snape remembered. Draco nodded.
"Okay. Okay. I can do this."