Something To Tell You (Tobio)

I think the first time I was so surprised was during my first volleyball game in college. For some reason I was super nervous. All of my teammates didn't talk to me for some reason and it hurt.

My thoughts couldn't help but turn to Karasuno. And when I think of Karasuno my thoughts go to Shouyou.

I let out a sigh and sit down with my new team. We are supposed to be changing but I really didn't want to right now. Our game was in about ten minutes though.

"Kageyama do you plan on playing today?" I turn to my side and there was... how do I put it? The main spiker I toss to now? That sounds good.

I don't want to call him my partner because then that would be like replacing Shouyou. No one could ever replace him. It doesn't matter if I was playing the best spiker in the world. I still wouldn't call him partner. Although it sounds mean worded like that but let's face it.

Hinata still fucking sucks (lies)...

..but he's the best spiker I've ever come across.

"Kageyama don't zone out on me!" The same guy from before waves his hand in front of me.

You know I don't particularly know his name. Is that bad?

"I was thinking about something sorry."

"Well get changed so we can play OK?" I scrunch up my face in annoyance and push him away from me. This guy was the exact opposite of Shouyou and it bugged the crap out of me.

I take out my uniform from my bag and just stare at it in disgust. It was the exact opposite of Karasuno's uniform. It's completely white (a pain in the ass to clean) with dark blue sides and sleeves. I almost hated it with a passion. Almost.

But alas this was the best school I could get in with a scholarship and my grades. The uniform may be bad but I won't have student loan debt to pay off later. I refuse to take money from my parents.

I change as slowly as I could and as soon as I finished it was time to leave. We leave our things in a locker room and run to the gym. Warming up is a must and then up to the starting line we go.

"Lets have a good game!"

Its not the same.

I would be yelling at Shouyou by now. He would file my nails for me. Shouyou and I would talk about what attacks we were gonna do and I would distract him from his nervousness, or reluctantly take him to the bathroom.

The whole team would be pumped. We would scream and yell. Tsukishima would make a snide comment and I would punch him. Yamaguchi would then come yelling at me and Yachi would be there to break things up and calm everyone down. We would all end up laughing though.

Our team was exciting. This team isn't.

It's just not the same...

"Kageyama are you alright? I mean if you don't feel-"

"SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP. I'm perfectly fine okay? I'm going to play no matter what you little shit." Woah calm down. Where did that come from?

My whole new team turns to me. I didn't mean to snap at the spiker dude but he just pisses me off for some reason. He was just trying to help though.

"Ah look I'm sorry. Umm..." crap what's his name? "Look this is my first game without any of-" I was about to say friends. It would make it sound like they weren't friends. Which they aren't but...

"Um the person who usually calms me down is another country right now. Its nothing-"

"GEEZ KAGEYAMA. You don't have to give me an hour long speech. I understand what you are saying." OK but hey pal you don't understand how bad I want to punch you right now.

I feel a sudden weight on my shoulder and turn around. "Ah hello captain." Don't know his name either.

"Kageyama cool off. Go get a drink in the vending machine and you can come and play when you're ready."

"Ah yes thank you senpai." He takes his hand off of me and before I leave I bow to him. "Thank you and I am sorry."

I grab my volleyball bag on the way out and go to the nearest vending machine.

Inserting money and pushing two buttons at the same time rewarded me with a carton of milk. I pick up the milk carton from the bottom and stab the straw through the little hole at the top.

"Ah Tobio!" The voice surprises me and I end up squeezing my newly bought milk on me (thank god my uniform is already white) and what was probably just cleaned floor.

I angrily turn to whoever called out to me but immediately stop in my tracks once I see who it is.

"Surprised?" I then smoothly drop the completely squished milk carton.

"More like I'm about to cry." I answer slowly.

"Tobio it's just milk calm down! I'll buy you another one gee." He comes over to me and picks up the forgotten milk cartoon, tosses it into the trash, and then turns back to me all proud of himself because he made it in.

He turns towards the vending machine, his back facing me. "Lets see now which one do I -wah!'

"I missed you so much." I rest my head on his shoulder and I could already feel the tears coming down.

I wrap my arms around his torso and pull him closer to me, enclosing his hands in mine.

"Tobio don't cry. I'm here now. I came back early just to see you play. Took a lot of arguing but it's gonna be worth it right? I've come to cheer you on."

That just made me cry harder.

No one has ever came to my games. I am just so happy.

Shouyou rubs the top of my head and I pull back and turn him around so I can see his face again. He smiles up to me and wipes away my tears.

"Stop crying. You have to play in a bit. If you don't then-"

He gets cut off by me putting my lips on his.

"Tobio- Tobio! I missed you too but -mmm! Tobio I want to but -Ah! please stop!" He pushes me away gently and I take the hint.

"Shouyou I don't care about the game-"

"SUGA'S NEGATIVITY BEGONE MOVE!" The little dumbass then smacks me in the stomach. Damn you Suga-san for showing him that move.

"No negativity allowed whatsoever! I came to see you play and that's that! We can always..." his voice started to fade away so I couldn't hear what he said.

"Dumbass speak louder I couldn't hear you."

"I SAID we could always kiss and other things later okay?!?! And if you win then we could..." Shouyou's voice dropped once again and I had to lean in closer just to hear what he said.

"... do it to celebrate..." Oh.

I definitely gotta win now. But before that...

"Hinata Shouyou. I- well I- uhhh..."

"What is it Kageyama Tobio?" He asks mocking me.

"Shut up there's something I've been meaning to tell you!"

"What is it yamayama?" He tilts his head to the side while saying my old nickname once again.

...

...

"I love you dumbass."