Secret Assassins [17]

Start from the beginning

“Hey, what the hell do you think you two girls are doing?!” He demanded, stalking towards us. I saw him reach out for his gun, but I had already pulled mine out, pulling the trigger.

I shot him in the shoulder, not wanting to kill him. I still didn’t have the guts to kill someone.

He fell to the ground, crying out in pain. We ran past him and pushed the exit door open. I have never been so thankful for the outdoors. I inhaled the fresh air, a smile breaking across my face.

I glanced over at Kristen who was clearly out of breath. She was breathing in and out harshly.

“Let’s get out of here…” I said.

She nodded in agreement. When we turned to run into the woods, we abruptly came to a stop. Jeff and two guards were standing there, smiling smugly. I let out a frightened gasp.

“Where do you two thing you’re going?” Jeff asked.

“We want to go home.” I replied, looking him square in the eyes. His smile grew bigger and he let out a chuckle.

“I’m afraid you won’t be going home… ever.”

My shaky hands reached out for my gun, but he was faster. Instead of pointing it at me, he targeted Kristen.

“Don’t!” I scream.

“Oh, shut up. Why would I shoot someone that’s so good to screw?”

“You rotten son of a-” I began, but he interrupted me.

“Language sweetie. Let’s not forget who the boss is here.” He winked.

“Where is Renee?!” Kristen blurted.

He let out a humorless laugh. “Oh, she’s kept up somewhere around here, I assure you of that.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Lets just say that she’s going through a lot more than you two are.” He said, amusement twinkling in his eyes.

“Well, I outta-”

“Kristen! Do you want to get yourself killed? Being killed is not going to help Renee.” I said.

Kristen eyes were filling with tears once again as she glared viciously at Jeff.

“I wanna know what I did to you and Tom to hurt me so much and do this to me.” I said.

“If you only knew mine and your mothers past.” He chuckled, shaking his head. “Your mom and I actually used to be lovers.”

I couldn’t help but grimace. “My mom? Yeah right.”

“Oh, it’s true.” He assured. “She used to be apart of this group too. We would go kill people for fun and watch their bodies decompose.”

“Are you lying?” I asked.

“Why would I lie about that hunny?” He cocked his head to the side. “I was in love with your mother. But then she found your rotten father.” Jealousy appeared on his face. “He ruined everything for me… and now I want revenge.”

“Your punishing me for what happened with you and them ages ago?!” I asked in disbelief. “That is absurd! Go get another woman! A woman that isn't my mother!”

“I'll do for now.” He gestured to me and Kristen. “Until your mother comes back to me.”

“Oh, get over it. Boo hoo. Poor little baby doesn’t want to accept that she has found another man.” I blurted out of rage.