@supernaturallovr123

Requested by: @supernaturallovr123
***********
Four year old Karla Bonnefoy was standing on a deck looking out onto the ocean. It's been four months since her father, Francis, had to return to France for a while. But he promised to be come back to Ausfance (Terrible country name I made up) in hopefully two months.  But it's been more than two months and Francis hadn't returned. Karla decided to keep on praying that nothing bad happened.
*************
One day, as you ran across the deck chasing a seagull, an unfamiliar fleet of ships started coming toward the ports. Citizens started screaming and grabbing their weapons. You were wondering why your people were acting crazy. When you saw the flag on the ships, you gasped.

The flag of England.

Francis had told you tons of stories about the British. He told her how awful they were and how cruel they were to young countries. The country of America suffered for a long time before starting a war. You knew Ausfance wouldn't survive a war.

Maybe I can talk to them, you thought as you started walking towards the ships. Your citizens started screaming at you like you were crazy.

"Oh, hello, little poppet," the British man said. Nice eyebrows...

"Bonjour, I'm Ausfance, but you can call me Karla Bonnefoy." You said.

The man raised ah eyebrow. "Hmm, you speak French?" he asked. You could see a small amount of growing anger in his emerald green eyes.

You nodded. "Yes. My father's the country of France. He was supposed to return a long time ago, but he hasn't!" You said, tears growing when you spoke the last part. When Francis was supposed to return, you and your people started starving since the soil started going bad.

The man knelt down, his hand sat on your shoulder. He introduced himself as Arthur Kirkland, also known as England.

"How would you like England to help Ausfance? You'll be my new trade partner and we can help you grow food." He offered.

You wiped your tears and nodded. "Yes. That would be nice."
*************
Anger flashed in Francis's eyes when he saw British soldiers and colonists walking around the small country. Despite them getting along great with the Ausfance colonists, he was angry to see British people.

Did the Black Sheep of Europe come here when I was gone?!

Francis stormed into the town hall, where Arthur was talking to the president of Ausfance about trade.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE?!" He demanded the Brit. The president slowly got up and left.

"You abandoned your own daughter and her people, so I've been taking care of her!" Arthur shot back.

After a few more harsh words were exchanged, they started choking each other. They stopped when they heard a child crying and they saw you standing in the doorway. Before they could explain, you ran off crying in English and French.

"Look at what you did, you wanker!" Arthur hissed.

Francis glared at him. "It's my fault?! None of his would've happened if you stayed away from Ausfance!!"

They argued some more before realizing that their pointless arguing made you cry. Arthur and Frnaics both hated seeing a child cry. They left town hall and found you sitting in a field. They discussed a few things before going up to you.

"Karla, we're sorry." Arthur said. "We were foolish to argue over you.

You sniffled and didn't answer.

Francis sighed. "If it makes you feel better, we've both agreed to make you a French and British colony."

You smiled and hugged both of them. "Does that mean I have two daddies now?" You asked.

Francis and Arthur exchanged a "What do we say?" look.

"Umm...yeah...?"