❁Party Part Three❁

Ladybug and Chat Noir immediately broke apart, running for the source of the scream.

What the two saw was a horrid sight.

A large, spider-like creature was marching around the courtyard of the Bourgeois luxury hotel, trapping people in webs of gossamer.

Ladybug turned to Chat Noir. "It's a good thing we're already transformed," she remarked. Instead of instantly answering like he usually would, Chat just scrunched his brow in worry.

"Ladybug...," he said.

"If this is about me not fighting because I'm pregnant and it might hurt the baby again, I'm not listening," Ladybug snapped, and ran headfirst into the danger. She sure was glad that her dress was comfortable.

Chat Noir was still worried for Ladybug and, obviously, the baby, but he was a lot more worried about the monster that was attacking innocent partygoers. So Chat ran after Ladybug, extremely stressed for two different reasons.

When the two superheroes reached where the spider-woman was attacking, they found lots of squirming people trapped in silk webs. "Help!" they cried.

"Who are you?" Ladybug's voice rang out, strong and firm, causing the spider-woman to turn in her direction.

When the spider-woman saw Ladybug and Chat Noir, she let out a cruel laugh. "Oh, I see the heroes of Paris have come to save their friends! How funny!" the villain guffawed.

"You didn't answer her question," Chat Noir pointed out.

The spider-woman smiled, exposing blindingly white teeth. "My name is Arachne," she said, "and I'm going to kill Chloe Bourgeois!"

"Of course you are," Ladybug grumbled. "It's always Chloe. Always."

The spider-woman ran off into the streets of Paris suddenly, leaving dozens of citizens trapped in webs.

"We need to get them out," Chat Noir said, pointing to the trapped and squirming partygoers.

Ladybug put a hand on his arm. "We need to get to Arachne first. If we don't, she'll only trap more innocent people," she reasoned.

Chat Noir nodded, guilt flooding his bright green eyes. "Don't worry," he assured the trapped people, "we'll be back. We need to get to Arachne first."

Ladybug grabbed Chat's arm with one hand, and, with the other, pulled out her yo-yo and dashed after Arachne.

When Ladybug and Chat Noir finally caught up with Arachne, she was at the Dupain-Cheng bakery, capturing anyone who just wanted some sweets.

"Oh, God, what if she gets my parents?" Ladybug began to panic, horrible ideas filling her head. "What if she kills them? Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God!"

Chat Noir hated to see Ladybug like this. She was usually so calm and collected, - at least when she was Ladybug - but whenever it came to her family, Ladybug had a knack for thinking up the worst case scenario happening.

Placing both his hands on Ladybug's shoulders, Chat Noir looked Ladybug straight in the eyes and said, "Your parents will be fine. Arachne hasn't killed anyone yet."

Ladybug took a deep breath and nodded. She knew she was being irrational, but Ladybug just couldn't help worrying about her family. It was her fatal flaw. "In that case," Ladybug said, "let's go catch an Akuma!" And, with that, the two heroes jumped down to where Arachne was catching her latest victims.

"Hey!" Ladybug yelled at the villain, yo-yo out and Chat Noir at her side.

"I see Paris's bravest superheroes are quite perseverant," Arachne cackled, letting Parisians all around her go free. "How cute!"