Chapter twenty: Oh joy! Another apology...

"Oh look! I think... Um... I think I hear Rob calling me! Yeah!" I said, in an overly-excited voice. I ran out the room and made my way to Rob's.

What the hell? I heard Bryce say telepathically.

I panicked! Don't blame me...

It is your fault!

Ugh, whatever...

I mentally shut him out. I really didn't want to start another fight. Plus, I was already at Rob's door. I softly knocked on his door. I waited a few seconds for answer but it didn’t come. Just when I was about to leave I heard the door crack open.

“Taylor…” he said. His voice was barely audible.

I turned around to see him standing outside his door. I still didn’t know what I was going to say. Two apologies in one day… Magnificent (note sarcasm)! Let us see how this one goes.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I just came to apologize,” I simply answered.

He smiled lightly and pulled me into a hug. "Apology accepted," he whispered into my hair.

"But I haven't apologized yet," I said, confused.

He smiled, making my heart flutter.

“I already knew what you were going to say.”

“Oh, no. Not you too,” I said, panic replacing my calm features.

“What? Didn’t you know all of us could communicate telepathically?” he said with a smirk.

“He has probably heard everything that is going up in my mind? What if he knows…?” I mumbled. GOD, this was not turning out well.

“Calm down, Tay! I was just joking.” He chuckled.

“It’s not funny, Rob!” I said as I punched him playfully.

“You’re skinny as hell, but you sure hit hard!” he said as he rubbed his arm.

“That will teach you not to mess with Taylor Dubois!” I replied crossing my arms.            

He was about to speak but a loud ring cut him off.  He took out his small phone from his pocket and opened it.

“What’s up, Jer?” he said into the phone. Jeremy was one of the few friends he had made in school.

“Yeah, I think I can go. I just have to ask Carla.” With a hand gesture, he told me to wait a second.

“Alright. I’ll see you guys later.” He hung up and turned to me, scratching his neck.

“Let me guess. You are sneaking into the movie theater and Jeremy and Jenna are bringing the candy.” Jenna was Jeremy’s twin sister.

“You’ve guessed right.” He chuckled.

“I can tell Carla if you want.” I offered.

“Thanks, Taylor. Tell her I am leaving in a few minutes.” He pulled me into a hug.

“Ok. Well, have fun. Good luck with not getting caught.” I kissed his cheek and smiled.

“Thanks.” He kissed my forehead and let go of me.

“No problem.” And with that, I left his room.