Chapter Nine, Part Three

Start from the beginning

“How did you know?” Jesse directed at Jon.

“I’m psychic.”

I snorted and tried not to laugh. Psychic wasn’t the word I would use. Jesse kept a hold of me as he led me back to the security office but I made him let go when we opened the door. I didn’t needed people thinking I was weak.

“Hey, Princess!” David called. “We were wondering when you’d show up.”

I smiled. “You know how it is. Everyone,” I waved Olivia forward, “this is my new partner. Olivia.”

“Another girl?” someone said.

“Hey, don’t be gender biased,” I said. “Be nice to her or I’ll kick your ass.”

“Not in your condition you won’t.” David motioned towards my ankle and side. “Didn’t anyone ever tell you to back down when you’re bleeding?”

Even though my shirt was black, there for everyone to see was a growing blood spot. James got up and rolled his chair in my direction.

Jesse came over with the first aid kit. “Everyone go back to what you were doing.”

Olivia took the kit and knelt down next to me. “Roll up your shirt.” I did as she asked and she took off the old gauze. “Looks like it’s infected.”

Jon knelt down next to her and took a look. “It’s worse than I thought. Did your annoying medical friend clean it before he stitched it?”

“Um…” I thought about it, “don’t really know.”

“Olivia, be a dear and hand me the scissors. Then we’ll need a wash cloth and cold water.”

“Got it.” Olivia handed him the scissors out of the first aid kit and asked one of the men where the bathroom was.

Jon cut the stitches and then pressed on one side. The delicate seal on one of the cuts split open and white puss oozed out.

“That is so gross,” I said.

“If you think is gross then you’re going to love the next part. All of it needs to come out which means flushing the wound with cold water.”

“Why does this sound like I’m going to end up changing clothes?”

“I’m very good at this. You shouldn’t have to change.”

Olivia came back with a washcloth and a basin full of water.

“Maybe we should do this somewhere more private?” Jesse suggested. “My office perhaps.”

“I doubt that would be a good idea,” Jon said, pushing more puss out. “Your men do not trust me and therefore would go running to your boss the second you closed the door. This will have to be done where they can keep an eye on me.”

“Great,” I said. “Just what I needed, more men oogling at me.”

“That was already happening, Little Ana Angel. I believe wherever you go, men will always…” he looked up at me and smiled, “desire you.”

“That sounds so wrong coming from you.”

He soaked the cloth first and cleaned the skin around the wound. It wasn’t so bad. The bad part came when he flushed the wound. The pain was so intense I didn’t even feel the stitches afterwards.

That’s when Gregori walked in.

“What the hell is going on?” he said in a low, dangerous voice.

“It was infected,” Olivia said, instantly trying to explain. “It needed to be cleaned.”

“Who the hell are you?”