Chapter 7- Claw Of A Cat

Tim sat in his seat by Stephanie. He was nervous because Damian skipped school to find a cat.

"What's wrong Tim?" Steph asked.

Tim shook his head out of his daydream. "Nothing. Just. Damian skipped school" he whispered.

"Oh. And you have to cover for him. I'll help. You aren't the lying type." Steph smiled.

"Thanks Steph!" Tim thanked.

Class got started. Ms. Woodard got a phone call right away. "Yes...... Um......" she looked at Tim. "Okay." Ms. Woodard hung up. "Timothy. Go see Ms. Smith."

Tim gulped and got out of his seat. "Wish me luck" he mouthed to Steph. He ran down the hall to Damian's teacher.

Ms. Smith was looking through some papers before she noticed Tim. "Hi. Timothy? Do you know where Damian is? He usually is here eyeryday? Is he sick?"

Tim shuttered. "Um. Yeah. H-he is sick."

Ms. Smith looked worried. "I should call his father." she picked ip the phone.

"No! Bruce is on a buisness trip!"

"Then I should call whoever is in charge.... Which is?"

Tim held his breath. I should've told the truth. "Stephanie Brown! In my class!"

Ms. Smith called her over. "Aren't you a little young to be babysitting?"

Steph rolled her eyes. "I am 15! And Damian is fine. He is at a friend's house."

"Okay. You two can leave. Tell him I hope he feels better."

***After School***

"He's stuck in that tree." Jeffrey said. "I can call the Fire-. Or not."

Damian started to climb the tree. It was very easy for him, so it only took less than a minute. He saw the black and white cat. "Come here kitty kitty!" The cat jumped into his arms and Damian slid down the tree. "Here Jeffrey."

Jeffrey took the cat. "Thank You Damian!"

"Yeah. He is so cute!" Damian petted the cat. "Well I have to go! Bye Jeffrey!"

"Wait? So dude? Do you wanna hang out? You can see my other cats."

Damian nodded. He didn't want to hang out with this doof. But cats? He's in! "Yeah! See you tomorrow!" Damian ran to the schoolyard only a couple hundred yards away and found Tim. "Drake? How did it go?"

Tim crossed his arms. "Horrible. Steph and I had to lie!"

"Oh no! Lying! Omg how did you survive?" Damian asked sarcastically.

"Hey!" Dick called.

The boys ran up to Dick's truck and got in. "Hey Grayson! Tod-" Damian began.

"So I got a phone call today from Ms. Smith. She said Tim said Steph was watching Damian. Tim? What happened?"

Tim looked at the seat, trying not to look at his oldest brother. "Um.... Well..... Damian said I have to cover for him while he skips school!"

Damian sent him his version of the Bat-Glare, his was more scary. "Drake is stupid. He can't help it."

Dick looked in the mirror at the boys. He was furious. "Well. You both have chores when we get back. I hope you're happy."