Captured by Elves

I woke up with what appeared to be Andrew's jacket on top of my body. I sat up and looked around the cave. The fire had burned out and Zephyr was still asleep near the front of the cave; Andrew sat in the corner opposite of me, staring off into the distance.

     "Morning," I tell Andrew with a yawn.

     He looked down at me from where he was and smiled, "Morning"

     I picked up my glasses from the ground right beside me and put them on my face. After doing this, I sat up and scooted next to Andrew, while holding his jacket in my hands.

     "You want this back?" I asked, referring to the jacket.

     "No, it's freezing out here, and I don't want you to get too cold"

     "Well, um . . . thank you"

     "You are very welcome"

     "So how much longer do you think it'll be until he wakes up?" I asked gesturing towards Zephyr.

     "I don't know . . . how long do you think?"

     "He could be asleep for the whole day, I mean you never know"

     "I'm a bit hungry, and I was told that you gather all of the food. Is that correct?" Andrew asked.

     "You want me to get you food?"

     "Well, yes"

     "Alright, follow me," As I said this I stood up and headed towards the front of the cave.

     I began to head out of the cave and into the forest with Andrew by my side. The sun was only barely up, and the air was cold, making goosebumps on my skin; even with his coat, the air still made me shiver. We began to walk along the path in silence, in fact, it was too silent. Normally you would hear birds chirping a song for the morning sun, and animals that had just awoken from slumber rustling in the bushes in search of food, but this morning there were no birds and no other animals, or even insects for that matter.

     We were nearing the middle of the path that leads to the clearing, where I had not gone since we arrived.

     "Don't you think it's a bit lifeless around here? No morning birds, no waking animals, and I haven't even seen one insect or bug!" I exclaimed.

     "Yeah, I was wondering about that too, and-"

     "Here we are! I'll get us some berries," I walked over to a raspberry bush and picked approximately thirty of them and put them in the pocket of Andrew's jacket, and after I did so I went over to the blueberry bush right next to it and picked some of those and put them in the same pocket until I could fit no more.

     "Hey, do you want to go to the orchard over there?" I pointed towards a small section of the clearing.

     "You mean the old, trashy, overgrown with weeds section of clearing?"

     "Well, I would like to try to see those things as they were before this place was uninhabited, and in my head, it looks beautiful."

     "I'm sure it does, but there is a chance of there being some sort of animal in there. And if so, there's a good chance that it'll be dangerous. Wait! I haven't seen any animals all day! You've won," he tells me, admitting to defeat.

     "So come on, let's go!"

     He nodded in agreement and followed me to the orchard.

     "We should probably go and explore some more of this place . . . There's bound to be something interesting around here," I suggested.