Chapter One.

Amanda's P.O.V

I stared at my computer screen anxiously as I watched the small blue bar get closer and closer to the end of the line. I bobbed my leg up and down as I impatiently waited for it to reach its destination.
The blue bar represented my video I had made of myself singing to Panic! At The Disco's 'The Ballad of Mona Lisa.' It was a pretty basic cover, although instead of singing to a backing track I had just decided to play the song with my ukulele, I had transformed the song into an acoustic version.
The reason I was uploading this cover was so I could then send it in to Kerrang Magazine for their latest competition. If I win, I get to go to warped tour in the US and watch my top three bands from the side of the stage and I also get to interview my favourite band and hang out in their tour bus with them!
The idea of winning excited me so much, but I wasn't going to be the type of person to get mad and unleash hell if I didn't win. Truthfully I just wanted to enter for a laugh, although it would be exciting to win, I wasn't at all entirely fussed if I did or not.

"Amanda!" I heard my mother called from downstairs, I sighed slightly as I strained my voice to answer her.
"Yeah?" I called back as loudly as I could.
"I'm off to work now okay dear, make sure you lock the house up when you go out okay?" She instructed me. I laughed slightly to myself, I was 20 years old and my mum still thought I was incapable of locking up a simple house.
"I will! Bye!" I shouted back to her and just shortly after the front door opened and was then quickly closed shut.

A few moments later I sent a quick text to Kayla -

Me: We still on for today?😘

Within a few seconds she replied and the conversation continued -

Kayla: Sure are! I'll pick you up in 20 if you're ready?💕

Me: Sounds good. See you in a bit!😘

I placed my phone down on the table and sighed with relief as my video finally finished uploading to YouTube. I then selected the link and sent it in an email to Kerrang and then shut off my laptop.

I then proceeded to get ready for the day. I did all the basics, brush my teeth, put on clothes, that sort of thing. I was lucky that I had showered earlier that morning so at least that was taken care off.
I added one final touch of mascara to my sky blue eyes and then pursed my lips together as I applied a dark red, limp pumping gloss. Making a kissing sound I then smirked at myself in the mirror. I was never confident with my appearance until a few months earlier when I became friends with Kayla. She took me into her "popular" crowd and so the attention I gained from her, her friends and some guys managed to boost my confidence to an all time high. Although I was now popular, I still had the interests and personality of a complete and total dork, but I loved that about myself.

Minutes later, I heard a car horn beep outside to signal that Kayla had arrived. I grabbed my bag and phone from the side, made sure my house was locked down tight (for my mum's sake) and then left the house in one swift movement.

[ hello everyone! I've decided to write a Tyler Joseph/Twenty One Pilots fan fic! I hope you enjoy and be sure to vote for chapters and comment too! Love you all! - Sarah💕 P.s the girl in the picture is Amanda!]