Chapter 20

I look at Colton when I hang up the phone. My dearest mother just always gives me the best calls that I could ask for. She couldn't even be a little bit nice about us coming, she just forces us to come and it pisses me off. I don't get why she does this just to me. She doesn't do it to my brothers or my sisters, but whatever, if she wants to be a bitch, I can be a bitch right back. "My mother decided that we are all going out to dinner tomorrow and she just decided to let me know. She couldn't have made it a different night? What if we were busy or if we had plans? Gosh she doesn't ever think about anyone but herself."

"Valerie, you need to calm down sweetheart. She's just trying to get under your skin, you know that don't you?" Oh my, Colton just called me sweetheart. Wait, why should I care, actually I do kind of care. Spending all this time with Colton has got me feeling like we are friends, or maybe we aren't. Well in my book we are friends.

"Colton, you know that I'm her least favorite daughter, why do you think we are married right now and not you and Rosie or Brit? Duh, think with your brain that I know you have in that silly head of yours." I reach over and touch his head and he grabs my hand.

"Val, calm down, we will make it through this dinner together, I will be there with you the whole time, me and you against the in-laws." 

"You know  Colton, I don't hate you as much right now." 

"Me neither Val, but don't push it." He says giving my hand a squeeze as we pull up to Kate's place. I hurry up and open the door and try to run to the door but you know it's kind of hard to walk with a freakin boot on. I go to walk right in, but then I realize, maybe I should ring the doorbell. As I'm waiting for someone to open the door, Colton finally arrives right behind me and the door opens and there is Ryan with a smile on his face.

"Hey guys! Finally, some good company!" Ryan starts laughing and opens the door wider so we can come in. Ryan leans in close to me and whispers in my ear "Don't say anything about the pink cast on her leg, she didn't get to pick and she hates the color pink you know.." I start laughing because of course the only thing Kate is worried about is the color of cast she has. I look over at Colton and he is giving me a weird look on his face and I just shake my head.

We walk into the bedroom where Kate is laying with a blue cast on her  left arm and a pink cast on her left leg, just like Ryan said. "Hey Kate!" I once again try to run to her but with the boot on its just plain hard. I go to the right side of her and give her a huge hug, I've missed my best friend.

"Hey, Valerie, I'm sorry I ruined your birthday by getting us into this mess."

"Kate, no, it wasn't your fault. I still have another birthday next year and it will be the best birthday ever, ok? It wasn't your fault, it could have happened to anyone who was there. I'm just glad nothing worse happened to us, you know how devastated I would be if something happened to you?" I have tears in my eyes just think about what could have happened to her. I don't think I could live in a world without her.

"Okay, I just feel really bad, but if you forgive me then I guess I have to move on too, right?" Kate says giving me a big smile. "Hello there, Colton, how are you?" 

"I'm good, Kate, I'm glad you are doing good too. I like the colors of your cast, pink is a good color." The moment he says that, both mine and Ryan's jaws drop. Oh no, here we go. I see Kate's face turn cross and I know that she is about to go off about the color pink.

"I hate pink and I can't wait to go back to the doctor so I can get this damn thing changed because if I had a choice I would not have picked pink. Everyone thinks that just because I am a girl, I automatically love the color pink. No, I don't think so." I look over to Colton and he is staring at Kate with his mouth open.

"I'm sorry I mentioned it, I now know that if I ever buy you something it won't be pink." 

As I stare at Colton, I can't help but think about how attractive he is. He is a sight to look at. Colton looks over at me staring and gives me this look that says: what are you looking at? I turn away blushing as he starts laughing at me.

"So, when are you and Ryan getting married?" Colton asks.

"Colton! You can't just ask someone when they are getting married!" I yelled at him.

"Yeah, some people don't rush and get married like you guys." Ryan said wiggling his eyebrows at us. Gah, I can't believe Colton asked that! 

"Well, I want a grand proposal and not in this stupid cast, I'm pretty sure Ryan knows that." Kate says while grabbing Ryan's hand. "I'm tired honey"

"Well, I take that as our cue to leave!" I say as I stand up. "Love you Kate!"

"Love you too biotch!"

"Nice seeing you again, Ryan"

"Bye Colton, bye Val. Stop by again sometime."

Colton grabs my hand and we walk outside. Woah Colton grabbed my hand! How freaking great!

"Colton, can we go shopping, I need to get an outfit for dinner now."

A/N:

OH MY GOSH, SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE THIS, I GOT SO BUSY. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN!