Eighteen | Walk This Way

Eighteen
__________________________

The next morning, my alarm clock went off and I started crying. Yep, you guessed it; I was on my period. I had also somehow gotten sick over night, so my throat was killing me.

The combination of a sore throat, cramps, and the dreadful idea of getting ready for school had me curled up in a ball on my bed.

In other words, I was currently acting pathetic. And then, just when I thought my terrible morning couldn't get any worse, I heard a throat being cleared from my doorway.

Mortified, I slowly lifted my head up to meet Tyler's confused gaze.

This must look bad.

He had a puzzled look on his face, and he was already dressed for school. Wow, I must've been lying here for a while.

"Are you...okay?" he asked hesitantly.

I groaned, which came out as a raspy snarl because my throat was raw and I was losing my voice.

"No, I'm not! I'm sick, and I have....I have...cramps," I rasped, choking out the last word.

His concerned expression slowly transformed into a look of disgust, first, then a taunting smirk. "Sounds like a personal problem," he said nonchalantly, rattling his fingers on the edge of my doorway.

I glared and flipped him off, but then flinched in pain, clutching my abdomen as a sharp pain hit.

"Look, obviously I'm not going to school, so can you just get me some damn Advil?"

He smiled evilly. "And if I don't?"

I sighed. "Look, I'm not in the mood for this. I'll just get them my fucking self."

He laughed. "Okay, okay, i'll get them for you. Jeez."

I flopped back down on my bed and pulled the blanket around me, relaxing my body into the warm, plush fabric.

I had just started drifting back into a blissful sleep, when a hand wrapped around my ankle and started yanking me.

I jerked up and screamed, my hands flailing out uselessly in an attempt to defend myself.

Tyler was standing there, holding a bottle of pills in one hand and clutching his stomach in laughter with the other one.

I placed my hand over my pounding heart. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

He didn't respond, still laughing. His laughing eventually died when I sat there, glaring at him.

"It was a joke! Calm down, Lauren."

"Just give me the Advil," I said, out stretching my hand with a tired sigh.

He dropped two pills into my palm and I placed them on my tongue, chasing them down with a big gulp of water from the cup on my nightstand.

I lied back down, facing away from him without saying anything.

"Oh, come on! You're seriously mad at me now?" he asked with humor still evident in his tone.

I yanked the blanket over my head, ignoring him. There was silence for a minute, and I was starting to think that he left.

"Fine, then what can I do for you to forgive me?" He asked.

I silently grinned. My plan was working.

"Well...you have to...take care of me today!"

He made a noise that was halfway between laughing and disbelief. "Seriously?"