Chapter 14: I've Made It One Step Closer.

The next day was my audition for Simon. We drove to the Modest! recording studios, and waited patiently in the waiting room. "Are you nervous?" Zayn asked. "No, I'm about to perform in front of possibly the most critical man in the music buisness, and I'm not nervous at all. Of course I'm nervous!" I replied, laughing slightly.

He grinned and tousled my hair. I carefully fixed it with my fingers. "This is the only time I will ever be concerned about how may hair looks," I stated. Zayn was about to reply, but Simon's office door opened, and out strutted Fifth Harmony. "Bye, girls," I heard a male voice call from the room. Simon.

"Bye," they all chorused. The boys and I were casually sitting there, 10 feet away from Fifth Harmony, with our jaws nearly hitting the floor.

One of them waved at us, but we were too dumbfounded to wave back. She chuckled and followed her bandmates. "Wow," Liam spoke, in awe. We all nodded, and snapped out of our trance when Simon strutted into the room.

"Boys. Rheagan. How nice of you to come," he spoke with a smile. My heart instantly picked up its pace, my nervousness coming back. "Hello," I said awkwardly. Leave it to me to be the socially awkward turtle. "Please, step into my office."

We all followed him like lost puppies into his working space. It was large, with a giant window overlooking London. Louis, Niall, and I sat on the couch, while Liam, Harry, and Zayn sat at our feet.

"So, you would like to sing for me," Simon stated, folding his hands on his desk. I slowly nodded. "Let's hear you sing then," he said, smiling again.

He led us down a hallway to a small room with an even smaller recording booth in it. I made my way into the booth, standing in front of the microphone. Simon's voice boomed in the speakers around me, "What will you be singing today?"

"A Little Bit Stronger, by Sara Evans."

He nodded and I put the cushiony headphones on over my ears. The music began playing through the headphones, and I took a deep breath and began to sing.

"Woke up late today, I still feel the sting of the pain, but I brush my teeth anyway, got dressed through the mess and put a smile on my face. I got a little bit stronger.

Riding in the car to work, and I'm trying to ignore the hurt. So I turned on the radio, Stupid song made me think of you, I listened to it for minute, but then I changed it. I'm getting a little bit stronger, just a little bit stronger.

And I'm done hoping that we can work it out, I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels Letting you drag my heart around. And ohhh I'm done thinking, that you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay. Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger.

Doesn't happen over night, but you turn around and a months gone by, And you realize you haven't cried. I'm not giving you a hour or a second or another minute longer. I'm busy getting stronger.

And I'm done hoping that we can work it out, I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels Letting you drag my heart around. And ohhh I'm done thinking, that you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay. Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger. I get a little bit stronger.

Getting along without you baby, I'm better off without you baby, How does it feel with out me baby? I'm getting stronger without you baby.

And I'm done hoping that we can work it out, I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels Letting you drag my heart around. And ohhh I'm done thinking, that you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay, Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger. I get a little bit stronger.

I'm just a little bit stronger. A little bit, a little bit, a little bit stronger. I get a little bit stronger."

I inhaled deeply as I finished the song. Simon grinned and nodded in satisfactory. "Not bad," he said. I smiled widely. "That was a tough song, and you nailed it. Especially the high note at the end."

I danced around childishly and exited the booth. All the boys hugged me and Simon chuckled.

We went back to his office and discussed everything. I would be starting out as a solo singer, and when I get popular enough, I might become a part of One Direction.

When we left the building, I screamed. I screamed and laughed and cried all at the same time. Eventually the boys joined me. They weren't crying though, that was just me, because I was SO DAMN HAPPY.

__________

∞AUTHOR'S NOTE∞

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR THE REST OF THE STORY. well, some chapters.

this chapter was really fun to write.

should I make a sequel? please comment your opinion, this is really important.

Vote

Comment

Follow