+ Chapter 1 +

+ Razi’s POV +

    __The next morning__

      I woke up early to the light sound of pouring rain. I open the blinds and saw that it was literally raining in buckets.

    “Great,” I groan. Now Mother Nature was torturing me. I sit up and rub off the dry tear trails from last night. Coffee. I need caffeine; it was first on my priority list. I walk into the kitchen and find the coffee machine and the needed ingredients. Once I got that going, I hear the bedroom door open.

     “Morning,” I greet him without turning around. I hear a groan in response. “Coffee?”

“Black,” he speaks. I pour a cup for him and me. I hand it to him, “Thanks.”

      “No problem,” I said. “It’s my thanks for yesterday. It’s the least I could do.”

Markus drinks for a minute. I gather my things together and slip my bag over my right shoulder. I pull on an oversized gray sweatshirt over my blue undershirt.

   “What are you doing?” Markus wants to know.

“It’s okay Markus. I got everything under control.” I say while pulling on my tennis shoes standing up. I fall over sideways with a small squeak. I got up quickly, “I’m alright.”

   Markus chuckles.

“If you could just get the door,” I grab the bag again.

      “Now? I mean its pouring rain outside.”

“Like I said, I’ll be fine.” I motion to the door. Markus gets up slowly and opens the door. I smile, “I’ll see you at practice, okay?”

      I close the door behind me. The rain seemed to get heavier when I step outside. I sigh and walk out into the street complex. I hit a dead end in my mind. There was no way I could afford an apartment. The rain kept steady, soaking my shirt and my blonde hair. My wings were useless; they were wet. I kept looking down the street, trying to figure out my next move.

    “Razi! Razi, come back inside! It’s pouring,” Markus tries to reason with me from his stoop.

My pride wouldn’t let me, “I got it; promise!”

    “Razi-“

“It’s just water for devil’s sake!” I complain.

    “Damn it!” I turn toward his voice and saw that he was coming straight for me. I got lost looking at him; the water seemed to glisten off him. “Get your ass back in my house.”

   “No-“he picks me up bridle-style making me yell in anger. “Stop! I told you, I’m fine!” I continue yelling as he walks back into the apartment with me in tow.

    “You have nowhere else to go,” he says as he puts me down on my feet, “And I have a couch. Like it or not you’re staying here for a few more days.”

   “Why do you insist on making this difficult?!” I screamed and slapped him across the face.

His eyes narrow in anger, “Because you have nowhere else!”

   “Shows how much you know,” I say bitterly.

He growls, “Why the hell are you being so stubborn?! I have a couch. Don’t be stupid and take my offer.”

   I fight the urge to punch him.

“Is this because of what happened?” he asks me softly. The muscles in my shoulders freeze up and I growl through my teeth. He stares at me intently because he knows he hit a nerve. I glare at him with my now blood-red eyes. Of course, leave it to the guy to tell the girl something she did not want to hear at the most stupidest time he could’ve said it.

    “This has NOTHING to do with what happened,” I hiss at him although what I really wanted to do was cry. I hated it when people bring up things at the wrong time. “You know what? What the hell. Fine. I’ll sleep on the goddamn couch. I don’t care.”

   “Good, now move your crap there,” he said angrily as he shoves my bag into my hand roughly. I stalk over and drop it onto the black couch. He walks into his bedroom door and shuts the door. In a small fit of rage, I throw my pillow blindly and a lamp falls over in a clatter.

    The door opens again, “Please. Try not to destroy my apartment. Thanks,” he smiles as he shuts the door. Ass.

  I flip him off and sit down dejectedly on the couch and watch the rain pour down. I like the rain; it soothed the pain that I felt a few moments ago.

“They can love you. And someone will.” my cousin’s voice said again causing me to sigh.