The Bifurcated Man

Začít od začátku

Randy: Congratulations, are you planning anything special?

Liz: I have booked a table for Mr Byron and his wife at the Granite Lodge.

Randy: Very nice, but a bit too expensive for me.

Peter Byron: It's too expensive for me too, but my wife deserves it for all the nonsense she has to put up with. Now, that meeting room Randy, I am on a tight schedule today.

Randy: Alright, please follow me. We will pick up some safety hats for you two before we get much closer to the construction site.

Peter Byron: Sure. So how is the construction coming along?

Randy: Slower than we would like sir, as you can see we are still installing the windows. I'm confident we should get this building completed within the deadline.

Peter Byron: Unlike last time.

Randy: Yes, I am sorry about that.

Peter Byron: (Laughs) Relax Randy, neither you or I had any idea we were using inferior materials. Now let's go talk to the boys now shall we?

Randy: Mr Byron, I was wondering?

Peter Byron: Randy, we have been working together for nearly twenty years. You can ask me anything.

Randy: Are you going to fire some of the lads today? I mean with all the problems we have been having and the state of the economy.

Peter Byron: I believe in protecting my workers. We may be operating at a loss, but the building industry always has booms and busts. I am confident our company will come out of this.

Randy: (Sigh of relief) I'm glad to hear of it sir. Really glad.

Peter Byron: Loyalty is my motto Randy. Through the good times and the bad.

Sam: (yells) Look out below!

Peter Byron: What the?

Sound Effects: Thunk!

Peter Byron: : Uhhh.

Liz: Oh my god! He's dead!

Fade Out

Fade In

Sam: Oh god I'm so sorry Randy. I am so sorry. I was holding the sheet of glass and the wind just tore it out of my hands. I didn't expect the glass window to fly that far from the construction site.

Randy:Christ boy you've cut our Boss in half, from his damned head to down to his toes. It's Byron you should be apologising to.

Liz: You're monsters! You're monsters!

Randy: Calm down Liz, get a grip on yourself, it was a tragic accident.

Foreman: I can't shake the feeling that he is staring at us.

Randy: He's dead, there is no way someone could survive that. Wait a second, did you see that? (beat) I swear his eye seems to be following me. I think he is still alive. You're the first aid officer, do something!

First Aid Officer: What the hell am I suppose to do, keep him together using duct tape? I know what to do when a person has lost a hand or cut off his arm but there isn't a manual for something like this! The only reason he isn't dead instantaneously is because the glass has firmly wedged in his body and it's preventing the blood from escaping. It's only a matter of time before he dies and as soon as we try to move him his body will literally fall apart. There is not a lot I can do but we can at least try.

Randy: Well call an ambulance!

First Aid Officer: That's the first thing I did, can't you hear those sirens? They are already on their way. Wait I have an idea... Randy, Sam get all the ice out of the freezers and bring it back.