The Bifurcated Man

THE BIFURCATED MAN  

Written by Tim Heffernan 

Copyright 2011

CAST

Foreman:

Sam:

Randy:

Peter Byron:

Eve:

Liz:

Doctor Halloway:

Nurse:

First Aid Officer:

News Reporter:

Superintendent:

Lawyer:

Awards Host:

Surfer Dude:

Private Investigator :

Florist, Steven:

Emotional Peter :  

[Quantum Traveller]:

[Quantum Traveller]: I am stuck between parallel worlds, where all things are possible, no matter how improbable, can be witnessed by me the traveller of the quantum door. In Philosophy there is the law of identity which discusses that a being is the sum of its parts. Yet don't we sometimes wish we could cut some of those bits and pieces from us? The bits of us that we consider human frailties such as laziness or greed? In the multi-verse of infinite probability this will happen to Mr Peter Byron, a kind hearted businessman who will have to make a serious adjustment to his identity for he will become known as The Bifurcated Man.

ACT 1

[Transition Music]

Sound Effects: construction yard sound effects, hammers, vehicles etc

Foreman: Sam what the hell are you doing?

Sam: I am having a break. Construction work is hard work, you know that.

Foreman: Uh huh, do you recall me talking to you yesterday about cleaning up the workspace?

Sam: Relax, I'll get around to it.

Foreman: Well I don't mind looking the other way every now and then but I did tell you to clean up. It's important the place looks its best.

Sam: Sure, I'll do it tomorrow.

Foreman: No you're going to do it right now.

Sam: But I am on my break.

Foreman: (cutting off) The boss is coming down today and he is talking to our supervisor so I suggest you move it right now.

Sam: My uncle is coming? He won't mind, he's a pussycat.

Foreman: Long as you work under me, you will do what I say. Now clean up. Get those sheets of glass up to the third floor before he gets here. Today, we are going to find if we can keep our jobs, so we got to make a good impression, understand?

Sam: Alright, alright. I'll go.

Sound Effects: Car engine goes off, car door opens.

Randy: Mr Byron, it's good to see you again.

Peter Byron: Hello Randy and please, just call me Peter. Oh, and this is my secretary Liz. Liz this is Randy, he is my construction manager for the Triton project.

Randy: Ma'am, it's nice to meet you.

Liz: It's a pleasure, Randy.

Peter Byron: If you can lead me to the meeting room. I have to be quick as my wife and I have an anniversary today.