Guard Dog

Zuko sighed and stopped at the open front doors of his palace, turning around to look at Jet who was trailing closely behind him.

"You don't have to follow me if you don't want to Jet," Zuko began, his golden eyes looking into deep brown, "I'm just going for a walk in the gardens and if any one attacks you know I can defend myself."

"I know you can babe," Jet began as he walked up to Zuko's side, running his hand through some of the black silky strands of Zuko's hair found near his neck, "I just worry about you and your safety."

Zuko smiled softly in understanding and moved closer to Jet, only stopping when their chests were almost touching, and slowly he wrapped his arms around his lover's neck. He nuzzled his face into the juncture of Jet's shoulder and neck, his smile widening when he felt the tan male wrap his arms close around his waist.

"Whoa!" Zuko laughed, clutching onto Jet as the ex-Freedom Fighter lifted him in the air and spun him in circles.

Jet set Zuko down gently after a few more spins, placing a kiss on the pale man's forehead before speaking gently:

"You know I love you my king-" Jet smiled and held Zuko's hand, lifting it seconds later up to his lips where he pressed a gentle kiss on each knuckle- "and I would rather die before I risk losing you."

"And I love you as well my guard-" Zuko paused to place a soft kiss on Jet's lips- "but I would rather pass on into the afterlife before seeing you go."

Jet smiled widely and pulled Zuko closer, kissing him gently once the duo were touching.

"Thank you, babe." Jet's eyes shone with love as he gently took one of Zuko's hands, carefully pulling him forwards and out of the palace and then into the beautiful day.

The town beyond the palace walls were busy and bustling, happy members of all the nations mixing and milling about with each other.

But in the courtyard of the palace all was calm, sometimes the rustling of a tree branch due to a few leamure-bats sitting in the trees here or there could be heard, as well as the occasional turtle-duck waddling over to the pond. But besides that, all was silent.

"It is truly a beautiful day," Zuko breathed, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply through his nose.

"Yes it is my king," Jet agreed, keeping a hold of Zuko's hand and holding it at chest level as he walked down the stairs: almost as if he was guiding his king.

"I'm not a doll," Zuko laughed lightly as he followed Jet down the stairs, "I can manage to walk down two flights of steps."

"Hmm," Jet made an agreeing noise low in his chest, "but I like to spoil my prince." At the end of this Jet scooped the pale skinned male up bridal style, grinning widely when the younger's fingers found their way to grip at the fabric of his shirt.

"W-What are you doing?" Zuko stuttered, his face turning red with embarrassment as the tan skinned male began to walk down the steps with Zuko still in his arms.

"I'm spoiling my master," Jet laughed, setting the shorter male down and grinning when he saw the other blush even brighter.

"I'm not your master," Zuko began, looking off to the side as he puffed his cheeks up like a child, "I am your king."

"Either way I'm still you're guard dog," Jet stated dismissively as he walked away, shoving his hands info his pockets as he left Zuko to catch up with him.

"What happened to the whole 'spoiling your king' thing?" Zuko asked as he speed walked to catch up with the other, grunting lightly when he saw some of the palace maids watching them through the windows.

"This guard dog had a sudden streak of laziness."

Zuko sighed and shook his head in disbelief.

What was he to do without his guard dog?

Author's Note: This is exceedingly short for me, but I hope you guys like it nonetheless. Comment, favorite, and follow if you want! The next chapter should be up soon.